- Pawia 7/9, 31-154 Kraków, PolskaKraków, małopolskie
- Ważna jeszcze 2 miesiącedo: 25 maj 2020
- Umowa o pracę
- Pełny etat
Power Grids - Open Source Analyst [Online Recruitment]
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
Open Source (OSS) Analyst is part of Open Source Competence Center (OCC). The team oversees ABB's central OSS approval process and acts as a link between developers, management, legal, the open source community and the tool vendor. OCC main responsibility is to detect and mitigate potential risk related to OSS components
More about us
Important, please include in your CV the following passage:
“I hereby give consent for my personal data included in my application to be processed for the purposes of the recruitment process under the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation)”.
“I also consent to processing of my personal data for the purposes of any future recruitment processes”.
We reserve the right to answer only to the chosen candidates.
- Deliver code assessment and analysis to determine compliance with OSS licenses
- Support legal and product teams in their mitigation efforts
- Enhance the toolchain to increase automation
- Act as a consultant in OSS-related matters for ABB PG teams world-wide
- Keep current with the state of the art of open source and technology trends
- Extremely high attention to details and ability to verify own work (must have)
- Ability to efficiently search data in multiple sources, analytical skills, and solution seeking attitude (must have)
- Very good written and spoken English (must have)
- Good communication skills (must have)
- Strong cultural awareness, interest in working with different cultures (must have)
- Bachelor or Master degree (with a background in software engineering preferred) (must have)
- Practical knowledge of Black Duck Protex or Black Duck Hub (nice to have)
- Ability to review and understand others’ source code (nice to have)
- Understanding of programming principles, particularly in C-family languages (nice to have)
- Extensive knowledge of open source (licenses, contributions to open source projects) (nice to have)
- Exposure to and affinity with software license agreements and legal consequences (nice to have)
- Development experience in Java (nice to have)
- Linux administration (nice to have)
More about us
It is an exciting time to join ABB Power Grids. ABB and Hitachi have signed an agreement to create a joint venture (JV). By combining ABB Power Grids’ with Hitachi’s complementary strengths, we plan to form a new and stronger global leader in the power sector. ABB Power Grids and Hitachi will have more than 230 years of combined heritage and experience. Together, we will be well-positioned to shape the future of energy, with pioneering technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. The transaction is expected to be completed by the first half of 2020, subject to regulatory approvals. Join us on this exciting journey.
- Enjoy a stable employment in a company with a long history in innovation and technology
- Collaborate with experienced experts in an international environment
- Seize individual development and training opportunities, from job specific to soft skills
- Get private medical care (including offers for family members) and life insurance
- Receive attractive remuneration based on your experience and skills, and other financial benefits, such as annual bonus and internal share purchase program
- Choose from various benefits in kind, ranging from healthy lifestyle offerings, to knowledge sharing, to teambuilding activities