- Pawia 7, 31-154 Kraków, PolskaKraków, małopolskie
- Ogłoszenie wygasło miesiąc temu
- Umowa o pracę
- Pełny etat
- Specjalista (Mid / Regular)
At ABB, we are committed to create a better world. Our Market Management System (MMS) engineering team creates the software used by electricity market operators to manage, optimize and operate some of the largest transmission and distribution networks in the world. We are recognized leaders in solving the most challenging and meaningful business and engineering problems by delivering the most complete, sophisticated, scalable and reliable systems available in the market.
As part of the Market Management Quality Assurance team, you will be focused in the continuous improvement and validation of a wide range of software in the areas of data management, data integration, network modeling, network analysis, network security, operation optimization and real-time operation control.
Power Grids - Quality Engineer – MMS Market ApplicationsNumer ref.: PL72241954
Duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Use business requirements, solution designs and functional specifications to plan the testing and data creation activities required to ensure high quality deliveries to customer projects.
- Design and develop the functional and non-functional use cases and test cases required to verify that business objectives and functional requirements are satisfied according to the test plan.
- Analyze test results and recommend improvements and corrective actions required to ensure adherence to a high-quality standard.
- Work closely with engineering to specify the format, volume and tools needed to collect and process the data required for testing.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to obtain, prepare, process, validate and complete the data required for testing.
- Provide data to support developer unit test and use unit test results to improve the test cases, test data and test steps required to execute quality assurance testing.
- Implement reusable test automation, data and function validation tools.
- Execute functional and non-functional tests part of smoke test, integration test, factory acceptance test, performance tests, issue resolution and regression tests, and track and correct data and test steps as required to ensure test coverage.
- Provide testing progress and status reports to engineering team.
- Identify, track and investigate issues found during testing, collaborate with developers to replicate, fix and verify corrections and provide testing verification progress reports.
- Maintain, adapt and improve testing tools and artifacts, data, documentation, test environments, test automation tools and test reports.
- Train and mentor others on how to test software and how to apply proven testing methodologies, improve software quality and reduce quality risks.
- Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics or related field
- Experience participating in the quality assurance process at a large and geographically dispersed software development organization.
- Experience in software development using C, Java, Fortran, Phyton and other scripting languages.
- Experience in SQL language and MS SQL, Oracle, Postgres and other relational and non-relational databases
- Experience in data formats (Excel, CSV, XML, JSON) and data transformation and ETL tools
- Experience with JUnit, TestNG, DBUnit, FRUIT, Selenium, Cucumber or similar testing frameworks
- Familiarity with Linux, AIX, Windows, and other operating systems.
- Critical thinker, able to work independently and perform tasks and assignments with minimal supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written English communications skills.
- Testing, operational or software development experience in de-regulated electricity markets.
- Formal classroom education in Power Systems Optimization
- Formal classroom education in Data Structures and Databases
- Experience with Power Systems Network Modeling, Network Topological Analysis, Power Flow, Contingency Analysis, State Estimator, Security Constrained Unit Commitment, Economic Dispatch, Linear and Non-Linear Programming (Optimization) and Numerical Methods.
- A stable employment in a company with a long history in innovation and technology
- Collaboration with experienced experts in an international environment
- Individual development and training opportunities, from job specific to soft skills
- Attractive remuneration based on your experience and skills, and other financial benefits, such as annual bonus and internal share purchase program
- Various benefits in kind, ranging from healthy lifestyle offerings, to knowledge sharing, to teambuilding activities
- Life insurance
- Commute Refund
- Luxmed Health Care
- Multikafeteria & Additional Perks