109571 Powertrain Evaluation Engineer - Powertrain division
Company General Information TOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation. Founded in 1937. Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people. Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities, Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations. Team / Division Description Research and Development (R&D) in Europe is responsible for the planning, the development and the production of attractive, superior quality cars matching European market requirements. TME Powertrain Evaluation departments' responsibilities are : Evaluation of Powertrain (engines & transmission) that are produced in Europe. The team’s task is to make sure that the power train system is meeting all technical targets: performances (Power, torque, fuel consumption), reliability (durability, ..) and functional. Investigation of new European technologies. After investigation we make and propose concepts for application in future vehicle project.
You will contribute to TOYOTA Trans/Mission system improvement for European market challenging design for future TOYOTA development. As engineer in Drivetrain design, your main responsibility will be :
- The successful completion of Drivetrain parts development:
- During the prototype phase, you will drive the development process of locally-developed parts. Continuously supporting the suppliers in their development. You make sure the development is finished on time and meets all Toyota's requirements. For parts developed in Japan, you are the liaison between our mother divisions in TMC and other European parties (assembly plants, suppliers)
- During the production-preparation phase, the formal design responsibility is handed over to you. You make sure production parts achieve expected performance levels and solve any workability issues in the assembly plants
- During each step of the development, you will focus on cost-reduction and remain vigilant that the parts performance is matching European customers' expectations.
- To investigate new European advanced technologies in your responsible area. In case a promising technology is found, you will set-up a pre-development study. If successfully concluded, you propose the technology for application in Toyota’s future vehicle.
- Conduct functional & durability test on test bench @TME
- Coordinate & manage functional & durability test sub-contracted to supplier
- Coordinate & manage component parts evaluation
- You have a Masters degree in mechanical or automotive related engineering
- You have excellent knowledge of function and requirements of all engine components
- You are able to perform technical study, understanding technical specification or drawing
- You have good skill of data acquisition. (Vibration, Stress, Temp measurements,…)
- Must be able to effectively communicate in English (written & spoken).
- Must be able to manage his job and time and work independently. |
- Must be able to work in an international team cooperating with other department of TME, TMC (Japan) and suppliers.
- Required computer skills: Word, Excel, Power-point, (Matlab, Labview, Simulink, is an asset) • Owner of a driving license
What we offer
Place of Employment Place of employment:
Belgium - Brussels (Zaventem) : Toyota Motor Europe, Technical Centre We offer We offer a dynamic and challenging multicultural work environment in which competence and quality play an important role. Enhancing personal growth and a real opportunity to invest in your future through on the job development and training. Where your effort, dedication and initiative are rewarded by a competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package.