Principal Investigator in Population Diagnostics Center
Sieć Badawcza ŁUKASIEWICZ – PORT Polski Ośrodek Rozwoju TechnologiiO firmie
- Stabłowicka 147, 54-066 Wrocław, PolskaWrocław, dolnośląskie
- Ogłoszenie wygasło miesiąc temu
- Pełny etat
- Specjalista (Mid / Regular)
Sieć Badawcza ŁUKASIEWICZ – PORT Polski Ośrodek Rozwoju Technologii
Łukasiewicz Research Network – PORT (Polish Center for Technology Development) is a Research Institute within the Łukasiewicz Research Network. It focuses on development of new technologies, resulting from basic and applied research performed at the Institute in the areas of biotechnology and materials engineering. These technologies, in turn, serve as basis for innovative solutions for the corresponding industries. The Center is located on a historical campus of Pracze in Wroclaw in Southwestern Poland. It currently employs more than 250 scientists and support staff in four Centers: Materials Science and Engineering, Biotechnology, Biomedicine (including state of the art Biobank), and well-equipped Core Facility.
PORT invites applications for a position of
in Population Diagnostics Center
We invite outstanding candidates to apply for a Principal Investigator position in our Population Diagnostics Center. The PI position is offered to scientists conducting internationally competitive and innovative research, who wish to establish a research group. The competition is open to scientists in all fields of modern biomolecular and biomedical sciences, who can demonstrate scientific excellence, leadership skills, and propose a bold research program relevant to applications in the areas of virology or biostatistics and analysis of epidemiological data. The ideal candidate should combine ambitious high-level fundamental research with applied research. We have only 2 position open.
Applications will be evaluated in an open competition, by a panel involving external experts. The top candidates will be invited to present their research proposals in PORT at an international symposium.
- Ph.D. and post-doctoral training in the broad area of biomolecular sciences, including, but not limited to areas such as virology or biostatistics and analysis of epidemiological data
- Demonstrated high-level scientific achievements.
- Experience in project management and supervision of junior researchers, demonstrated leadership and collaborative skills.
- Interdisciplinary training, international experience.
- Experience in raising extramural funds (e.g., grant applications, funds from the industry).
- Excellent command of the English language and excellent communication skills.
- Experience in applied research and/or collaboration with the industry.
- Full-time contract on the position of Area Leader and competitive salary at the level of remuneration for research group leaders in leading international centers.
- Commensurate with experience 36 days of paid holidays annually.
- One-time relocation bonus, help in the relocation, residence permits, etc.
- Funding for the team - around 100 000 euro yearly for setting up a research group.
- Annual research budget - negotiated individually but not less than at the level of 50 000 euro per year, guaranteed for a minimum first 3 years of research.
- Laboratory and office space for the PI and the team members.
- Administrative and organizational support.
- Access to the state of the art equipment in the Core Facility.
- A friendly, inspiring, interdisciplinary and international environment.
Please include the following statement in your application:
“I hereby give my permission for the processing of my personal data included in the submitted documents for the purposes of recruitment process for the Łukasiewicz Research Network – PORT Polish Center for Technology Development, ul. Stabłowicka 147, 54-066 Wrocław carried out presently or in the future by the company PORT, according to personal data protection law (GDPR). This permission for the processing of my personal data includes also the processing of these data in the future, provided that the purpose of the processing remains the same.
I hereby acknowledge that the disclosure of my personal data is voluntary, and that I have been informed of the right to access my personal data, and to correct such data.”
Please note that we will contact only selected candidates.