Principal Manager - Advice for Small Business
- offer expired 2 months ago
- agency agreement
- team manager
- full office work
The Principal Manager will collaborate with key stakeholders to enhance the business environment for micro, small, and medium enterprises (SMEs) in PL. This role involves overseeing policy dialogue interventions, including initiation, planning, and implementation, and ensuring effective communication with internal and external partners. The Manager will also facilitate coordination with entities like the EU Delegation, governmental and non-governmental organizations, international financial institutions.
The Principal Manager will present EBRD's work at conferences and events, while also driving digital transformation initiatives to support local enterprises through digital platforms. This role falls under the guidance of the Regional Principal Manager/Associate Director/Regional Head and involves managing Advice for Small Businesses (ASB) activities within a defined scope.
• Collaborate with relevant SME bankers to develop annual operational plans, set targets, and innovative initiatives aligned with the Small Business Initiative (SBI) for the country.
• Ensure the successful delivery of local ASB initiatives while adhering to EBRD policies, quality standards, compliance requirements, and ethical conduct.
• Contribute to business development efforts to expand client outreach and generate opportunities for banking collaboration.
• Analyze the ASB portfolio regularly to identify follow-up support needs and new project ideas.
• Manage the implementation of EBRD and SME F&D priority agendas (e.g., digital, green, inclusion) to raise awareness and stimulate project generation.
• Qualify and approve local consultants, maintain relationships, and ensure high-quality engagement.
• Execute visibility activities to enhance awareness of advisory work and strengthen EBRD's reputation.
• Coordinate relations with diverse stakeholders, including government institutions, business organizations, and international entities.
• Lead and manage the local team, ensuring a healthy and productive working environment.
This role aims to promote SME growth, foster innovation, and uphold the values and goals of the EBRD.
BA/MA from a recognized program in international development, finance, economics, or business, or equivalent work experience.
Familiarity with the local/regional business environment, SME market, and consultancy sector.
Expertise or substantial experience in at least one SME F&D Priority Area (e.g., ESG, sustainable supply chains, digitalization, Risk Sharing Facility/Supply Chain Financing, Blue Ribbon, Digitalization), along with current market trends.
Knowledge of business advisory services and relevant stakeholders such as SME associations, development agencies, chambers of commerce & industry, and other partners.
Desirable understanding of donor-funded work, donor organizations, and budget management for programs/projects.
Familiarity with green economy and economic inclusion concepts.
Proficiency in managing teams within complex, matrix organizational structures, including international and multicultural settings. Able to navigate complex processes and initiatives.
Strong business and financial analytical skills, including interpreting accounts and understanding accounting principles for company financial analysis.
People management abilities encompassing recruitment, mentoring, and coaching.
Insight into local small businesses, their growth challenges, financing requirements, strengths, and weaknesses.
Proficiency in business diagnostics.
Demonstrated comprehension of the EBRD mandate and a genuine interest in private sector development.
Deadline-oriented with willingness to travel extensively nationally and internationally.
Proficient presentation skills to represent EBRD at public events and engage with ministerial-level stakeholders.
Well-developed leadership skills, including experience leading at a senior level, interpreting and executing strategies and programs.
Ability to convincingly communicate strategy and resource requirements to EBRD senior management.
Strategic vision to identify and develop innovative opportunities and lead the team in converting these opportunities into actionable initiatives/projects.
What we offer
Impact: Be part of a global organization committed to making a positive impact on emerging economies.
Professional Growth: EBRD values career development and offers opportunities for growth within a dynamic and diverse team.
Innovation: Contribute to cutting-edge projects and initiatives that drive economic transformation.
Collaboration: Work alongside experienced professionals and experts in the field of finance and risk management.
Inclusive Culture: EBRD is committed to diversity and welcomes candidates of all genders, backgrounds, and experiences.
The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development was founded in 1991 when communism was crumbling in Europe and ex-Soviet countries needed support to nurture a new private sector and democracy. Today we invest to help build market economies from central Europe to central Asia and the southern and eastern Mediterranean. We are now the largest single investor in our region. Owned by 69 countries and two intergovernmental institutions, we provide project financing for banks, industries and businesses. We also work with publicly owned companies to support privatisation, restructure state-owned firms and improve municipal services. Wherever we are active, we promote policies that bolster the business climate.