Mercedes-Benz Manufacturing Poland is looking for:
Process Engineer for Laser Technology
Scope of duties:
- Central contact person for questions and issues about functionality of manufacturing facilities and laser welding process.
- Responsibility for commissioning and support of laser welding machines.
- Accomplishment of parameter studies for determination of new operating windows
- Development and introduction of new rework solutions.
- Ensuring and continuously improving of process capability, technical availability and straight through rate of system and system technology.
- Support of production during tests, new start-ups and serial production.
- Root cause analysis during elimination process of production and process issues.
- Support for procurement, acceptance and calibration of system and system technology.
- Operation of fault elimination processes and implementation of detailed analyses during assembly and quality problems.
- Creation and maintenance of technical process documentation, parameter lists and work instructions.
- Interface management to the development teams, production planning, the machine and component suppliers.
- Primary contact person for occupational safety in handling with laser systems.
- Successful university degree in electrical engineering, materials technology or related fields.
- At least of 3 years of professional experience in dealing with laser processes (in engineering environment, manufacturing plant or research facility/university).
- Special knowledge of weld parameter settings, calibration and measuring of laser welding equipment.
- General working experience with High-Power/High-Brilliance Laser systems in combination with scanner technology (experience with TRUMPH laser systems beneficial).
- Knowledge about programming of laser welding equipment (CNC, robot programming).
- Knowledge with welding of thin metals and difficult-to-weld metal combinations desirable.
- Experience in metallographic analysis beneficial.
- First professional experience in a comparable position with knowledge of lithium-ion batteries desirable.
- Analytical and structured approach to work.
- Self-reliant way of working.
- High degree of personal initiative, assertiveness and team ability.
- Good language skills in English, German desirable.
What we offer:
- BONUS SYSTEM
- SPORT CARD
- CULTURE CARD
- MEDICAL CARE
- LIFE INSURANCE
- RELOCATION BONUS
- FLEXIBLE WORKING TIME
- LANGUAGE COURSES
- FRIENDLY ATMOSPHERE
- FRESH FRUITS