sharing the costs of sports activities
Product Development Engineer
GATES POLSKA Sp. z o.o.
LegnicaLegnica, Lower Silesia
- offer expired a month ago
- contract of employment
- specialist (Mid / Regular), senior specialist (Senior)
- remote recruitment
Are you inspired by challenging the status quo? Do you thrive in collaborative environments that drive results? If so, Gates could be for you.
Gates is a leading manufacturer of application-specific fluid power and power transmission solutions. We push the boundaries of material science to engineer solutions that continually exceed customer expectations.
Let's simplify it, think belts and hoses. Found in motorcycles, conveyor belts, cars, tractors, blenders, vacuum cleaners, bicycles, & 3D printers just to name a few. Because why not do it all?
WHAT TO EXPECT
As an innovation leader, we look for ambitious, forward thinking, open-minded and well-rounded individuals to join our global team. We are currently looking for a Product Development Engineer.
- Project management, including VAVE, CI, NPD projects.
- Product (V belt) Development and optimization for product performance and cost to meet customer requirements, including technological trials planning and execution.
- Introduction of new products into production, in close cooperation with other departments.
- Problem solving of global V belts related problems / issues.
- Prototypes production supervision and handling of product development documentations according to PPAP standards.
- Product DVPnR development and optimization, research and development of new testing methods and testing equipment to be used for current and new products.
- Research, development and storage of know how related to Gates products, materials and technologies.
- Technical Support for Customers, Suppliers and other Gates departments in their product related projects.
- Technical communication with suppliers, internal and external customers, universities, etc.
- Technical reporting and generation of intellectual property.
- Project management and planning skills,
- Problem solving abilities,
- Knowledge and usage of quality tools: FMEA, MSA, SPC, 8D, PPAP,
- Strong math skills including calculus and statistics,
- Basic knowledge of ISO:9001 and IATF norms,
- Basic knowledge and usage of CAD tools,
- Materials engineering knowledge with focus on rubber, technical textiles, cords and rubber composites would be additional benefit,
- Language skills: English
- Expected soft skills:
self-motivation, curiosity, creativity, orientation on results and good communication skills
- University degree in mechanical, chemical or materials engineering or equivalent,
- At least 2 years of experience working in manufacturing environment
sharing the costs of foreign language classes
sharing the costs of professional training & courses
flexible working time
no dress code
coffee / tea
parking space for employees
employee referral program
opportunity to obtain permits and licenses
GATES POLSKA Sp. z o.o.
Founded in 1911 in Denver, Colorado, Gates is publicly traded on the NYSE. While we might operate in a vast amount of time zones we operate as 'One Gates' and have a common goal of pushing the boundaries of materials science. We invest in our people, bringing real-world experience that enables us to solve our customers' diverse challenges of today and anticipate those of tomorrow.
Gates is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of race, sex, color, religion, age, disability, pregnancy, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, or any other consideration defined by law.
ARE YOU DRIVEN BY POSSIBILITY?