Johnson Electric Group is the definite leader in micro motors, motion subsystems and actuators for automotive and industrial applications. Our motion solutions adjust car seats and headlamps, run vacuum cleaners and power drills as well as 300 other applications worldwide. We are the safe choice for our clients.
For Plant in Będzin, Poland we are looking for a
Product Engineer Metering
For the EU smart metering initiative, Johnson Electric is suppling gas valves and electromechanical relays to global metering companies. Our products are integrated into smart meters to enable remote energy management. To serve the market demand, Johnson Electric runs about 10 production lines in Będzin with a capacity of 10mio products per year and more.
With the help of Product Engineers we exceed the quality expectations of our customers by close monitoring of production key parameters and fast active responses to changes. The evaluation of key items during production continuously improves and enables conclusions for design improvement in the R&D center and reduces quality cost. The product engineer is a key function in linking the R&D Center in Germany with the Będzin plant, supporting a strong cooperation and perfect products for our customers.
- Be the representative of the German R&D Center in the Plant;
- Monitor and analyse production line status and key data. For that establish, maintain and improve technical methods to track the defined product and process characteristics;
- Define improvement actions for product and process quality (drive for Design for Manufacturing / Design for Assembly);
- Drive technical improvement initiatives in the production lines and procedures locally (by acting as a small project leader).
- Provide testing recommendations and supervise tests at the plant or at local partners, including results analysis, conclusions and recommendations (to the R&D center or plant).
- Responsible for assigned CAD, drawing and documentation work, including technical notifications and ISIR paperwork;
- Support Quality Claims from Customers and to Suppliers.
- Support in product and component approvals (working with customers and suppliers);
- Support the process engineering team in transfers of production lines and implementation of new products, by managing documentation, reviewing product and process characteristics as well as support approval testing;
- Participation in FMEAs and other established R&D procedures (as per JE-PDS);
- Permanent collection and analysis of information on new technical knowledge on the metering products in terms of design, process innovations, safety and further developments of materials.
- University Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering;
- Proven problem solving abilities by structured and systematic approache;
- At least 4 years of experience in development or sustaining engineering of (electro-)mechanical systems in high volume production (several 100k pcs to millions p.a.);
- Sound experience with Statistical Analysis and Statistical Process Control, using Excel and other tools.
- Basic CAD knowledge, preferably SolidWorks;
- Experience with Engineering Methods and Documentation as FMEA, QFD, APQP;
- English Language - advanced level
What we offer:
- Independent position with opportunity to grow professionally in a truly international environment
- Possibility to be a part of the biggest motor production company with a strong focus on further development
- An exciting and very dynamic work atmosphere
- Induction program