PRODUCT ENGINEER – UPHOLSTERY FRAMES CATEGORY
IKEA Purchasing Services Poland Sp. z o.o., Warsaw
You see things a little differently. So do we. We believe that what you value is more important than what your CV says. We offer positions that will challenge your skills and let you grow. Come see things a little differently with us.
- Experience from furniture production preferably wood technology
- Good communication skills in English both written and verbal
- Very good knowledge of the product requirements, standards and test methods also knowledge of materials' properties and construction
- University degree (preferable Technical University)
- Capability to lead projects and secure implementation
- Very good understanding of Democratic design and customer needs and expectations regarding function, customer friendliness and products critical to quality
- Very good communication skills, will and ability to work in team
- Capability to build trust and relationships, for long-term business partnership
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems with a holistic view
- Good balance between overall view and details
- Ability to understand standards and share and live IKEA values
- Very good computer software skills (MS Office applications)
- Driving license Cat. B
About the assignment
- Lead and involve the right resources in Purchasing to secure the product development projects
- Lead product development at the factory floor from a technical point of view and secure scalability for further implementation at other supplier
- Participate in Contract Review and lead implementation of product documentation connected to new articles as well as product improves
- Secure that the product is at correct quality level
- In cooperation with supplier and Product Compliance specialist, secure and verify that all IKEA requirement documents are correct
- Contribute to the development projects from a technical perspective, with competence in construction, material, production, quality and customer expectations
- Actively identify put forward and execute Product Improvements
- Conduct Production Risk Assessments for new products together with production engineer
- Together with supplier organize and secure product is started
- Secure the 1st batch production and First delivery inspection are completed and approved
Position requires travelling up to 70% of working time.
Submit your application as soon as possible however not later than 1st of July 2018. Please note that we will be interviewing continuously, which means that we may close the application process earlier than stated if we find the right candidate.
Please submit your CV in English.