The Business Architecture Data Engineering team is responsible for the sourcing, modeling and aggregation of data in the Finance Aggregation Store (FRI) across various asset classes in a consistent and controlled manner. The data engineer’s primary responsibility will be working on the build out of internal and external reporting which is a critical firm-wide initiative. They will be responsible for defining the requirements and attributes needed to support these reporting functions.
The Finance Aggregation Store (FRI) is a new firm-wide platform, which sources, aggregates and translates data into regulatory, external, and internal reports and schedules across all lines of business.
Product Owner / Data Engineer (Business Analyst) – Associate
As part of the Business Architecture Data Engineering team you will have a variety of responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Decompose and analyze current state models, reports and schedules: examples include: CCAR, IFRS9, CECL, FRY9C, FFIEC030, FFIEC 009, and SEC 10Q/10K
- Understand current and target state system flows and metadata for traditional credit and trading related products
- Execute data extraction and compilation, detailed analysis, data summarization and presentations highlighting potential issues and recommending actions to senior project leads and other team members
- Define a strategic onboarding and deployment plan for reports and schedules based on data consumer needs, and business benefit to the firm
- Work with lines of business to understand their products, how data is captured, and how to strategically source data into FRI
- Work with consumers to understand what data they need and for what purpose
- In partnership with Implementation leads, Release managers, Project managers and other data SMEs understand various Lines of Business and asset class data and source system flows and complexities as it relates to the Finance and Risk applications and infrastructure
- Work in an Agile framework to write business requirements (in the form of user stories) to enhance the data and/or toolsets within FRI.
- Prioritize the backlog of user stories for delivery, based on alignment to the schedule deployment plan
- Engage with development teams to ensure business needs are translated into appropriate technical specifications, and acceptance criteria is met
- Perform user acceptance testing and form an opinion about the overall data quality impact pertaining to each change
- Other ad-hoc requests as assigned
- Bachelors' degree required
- 3-5 years of related experience (financial services and/or regulatory reporting is a plus)
- Experience with understanding and testing large quantities of data across multiple products
- Experience with Agile delivery and the JIRA tool a plus
- Ability to quickly learn and assimilate business and technical knowledge
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with ability to tailor messaging to various audiences
- Ability to lead and influence and build strong relationships with partner teams
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple streams of work concurrently
- Must be detail oriented, highly responsible and able to work with tight deadlines
- Strong team-orientation and leadership skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; sound judgment with a risk mindset
- Overall strong desktop skills with particular emphasis in Excel
- Experience in planning, coordinating, and delivering results across multiple teams and interdependencies
- Ability to lead, influence and build strong relationships with people and teams at varying levels across the organization
- Knowledge and experience of traditional credit (Loans, Deposits, Cash) and trading products (Derivatives and Securities) a plus
About J.P. Morgan:
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, offering solutions to the world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions in more than 100 countries. We have a sophisticated local market presence in Europe, Middle East and Africa which is complemented by staff around the world who support our growth and serve our clients 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. We are excited to expand our team in Poland and we’re looking for collaborative, innovative and dedicated individuals to join us in our new corporate centre in Warsaw. Bring us your expertise and you’ll be part of a global community, working with people around the world and with a company that’s committed to investing in you and making a success of this key new location for our business.