Party Reference Data Utility and Reference Data Strategy (PRDS) is an operating center of excellence that enables multiple lines of business across J.P. Morgan Chase to leverage consistent, high-quality party reference data. The team’s responsibilities include setting up, maintaining and off-boarding party reference data, as well as supporting targeted data quality remediation efforts. PRDS also supports the External Party Data Domain, which involves definitional and data model work.
The PRDS Program Management team partners closely with PRD Utility and Firm wide Reference Data stakeholders to ensure successful implementation of tactical and strategic change efforts. The VP Project Manager position is part of the department’s Global Program Management team. The remit encompasses:
- End to end project management - prioritization, planning and execution of work inclusive of operating model design, test execution, pilot and implementation.
- Day-to-Day ownership of the Communications & Engagement Strategy for the organization, working closely with the Firmwide (FDM) Data Management PMO to develop and implement communications and people agenda priorities.
The successful candidate must be able to develop relationships with peers across regions, must possess strong analytical skills, and have the ability to prioritize / manage time and a willingness to tackle new and difficult challenges. The position requires the individual to exercise sound judgment and to observe the highest degree of confidentiality in the handling of information received in the course of discharging responsibilities.
Program Management – Vice President
Key Responsibilities and Skills
- Partner with LOB chief data offices, and PRDS Product, Platform, Strategy and Data Quality teams drive Change the Bank projects including build-out of firm’s new data model and linkages with other reference data platforms, entitlements and additional BAU processes aimed at enhancing the overall quality of party reference data
- Manage multiple strategic program deliverables; drive the delivery and adoption of operational processes including the execution of tactical initiatives
- Budget, plan and prioritize the management of changes for platforms, and collaborate with the stakeholders to execute analysis, document requirements, conduct user acceptance testing, and implement process
- Provide operating model support including mobilizing key stakeholders, and documenting requirements and sign off. Maintain program plan and milestones
- Partner with the project leads to ensure all project status updates are complete and accurate for regular business management and senior management forums
- Drive definition, collaboration, and execution of the Communication & Engagement Strategy, ensuring consistency across all of Reference Data communications, branding and people agenda initiatives
- 10+ years of Project Management & Business Analysis experience in a combined business, operations and technology environment within the Financial Services industry
- Familiarity/experience with party reference data
- Results-oriented, flexible individual who can easily and efficiently transition across topics and disciplines. Adept at multi-tasking and meeting deadlines in high-pressure environment
- Advanced communication skills and the ability to synthesize work products into executive summaries and/or briefs and reports.
- Proactive/self-starter with the ability to deliver value-added support to business partners in a dependable, timely and accurate manner
- Experience creating client-facing deliverables, and planning, leading, and executing client-facing workshops
- A proven ability to take the initiative while building partnerships
- Strong change management capabilities with experience in both tactical and strategic programs
- Ability to define and track project deliveries through to implementation
- Controls/Risk management focus - Ensure we remain adaptable and responsive to the changing regulatory landscape
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel; Word, Visio, PowerPoint, Project and other reporting tools
About J.P. Morgan:
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, offering solutions to the world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions in more than 100 countries. We have a sophisticated local market presence in Europe, Middle East and Africa which is complemented by staff around the world who support our growth and serve our clients 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. We are excited to expand our team in Poland and we’re looking for collaborative, innovative and dedicated individuals to join us in our new corporate centre in Warsaw. Bring us your expertise and you’ll be part of a global community, working with people around the world and with a company that’s committed to investing in you and making a success of this key new location for our business.