International Airlines Group is one of the world's largest airline groups with 459 aircraft flying to 248 destinations and carrying 77.3 million passengers each year. It is the third largest group in Europe and the sixth largest in the world, based on revenue. Formed in January 2011, IAG is the parent company of British Airways, Iberia and Vueling. It is a Spanish registered company with shares traded on the London Stock Exchange and Spanish Stock Exchanges. The corporate head office for IAG is in London, UK.
IAG Global Business Services (IAG GBS) is a brand new venture for International Airlines Group and its goal is to generate value for IAG through the creation of a new culture, modern working practices and delivering services better than market standards to its Operating Companies (eg BA, Iberia). We are bringing these services together into a central location to allow us to share best practice, generate efficiencies and create common group wide processes. We will partner with the business to ensure we offer services that meet their needs and requirements.
WORKING TOGETHER, WE ACHIEVE.
In IAG GBS, every day is different. We are an integral part of a strong group of ultra-efficient airlines and associated companies such as Aer Lingus, Avios, British Airways, IAG Cargo, Iberia, Iberia Express, Level and Vueling. We provide a plug and play platform of scalable, best in class procurement, finance and IT business services to the Group companies. Working together as a team, we contribute to the Group’s success.
We offer unique career development opportunities in a truly international, business services environment.
What makes this particular role special is an opportunity to work on projects with direct impact on the entire IAG GBS performance.
In this role you will:
- be accountable for successful delivery of one or more business change projects on a day-to-day basis, ensuring that projects are delivered on time, to specification and within the budget, working within the agreed governance framework;
- monitor project progress, manage dependencies, risks, issues and initiate corrective action as appropriate with key stakeholders;
- develop project plans and implementation readiness checklists, ensuring all relevant tasks required to deliver the project are identified, including the owners;
- manage project communication and make sure that project drives desired outcomes to the required standard of quality;
- own all project administration and documentation, including plans;
- make sure that change control is managed tightly, as well as, manage and track change requests according to agreed processes;
- coordinate, manage and motivate people within the project team, ensuring clear and appropriate delegation of responsibilities and deliverables;
- build strong virtual teams required for each project.
If you feel ready for a Project Manager job in a challenging, yet supportive, environment, please join us.Our key requirements are:
- prior experience of scoping, defining and ensuring delivery of transformation projects, covering People, Process and Systems changes;
- excellent planning, organisation, prioritising and forecasting skills to ensure projects are delivered on time and within assigned budget;
- ability to work independently, take personal ownership of issues and delivery, recognising when to escalate issues to ensure desired results;
- capability to resolve complex issues through an objective and analytical approach; developing options and negotiating resolutions;
- experience in working alongside subject matter experts and business leads
- knowledge of PRINCE2 or PMI methodology standards
- cooperating with a finance or accounting department would be an asset
- proficiency in Spanish would be an asset.
We are looking for the best Project Management professionals ready to achieve great results together and advance their careers.