Franklin Templeton Investments remains a leading global investment management organization for more than 65 years thanks to our greatest assets - our employees. With over 9,000 employees working in 35 countries around the world to service over 240 financial products, we offer an exceptional range of diverse career options. Our corporate values reflect the best of our employees. We believe in putting clients first, building relationships, achieving quality results, and working with integrity. We strive to bring a balance of work and life to our employees.
We’re currently looking for a Proofreader team to join our team. This is a fixed term contract for 12 months.
Global Document Services (GDS) is Franklin Templeton’s premier sales and marketing materials development, management, and fulfillment organization providing superior quality and internal client service—supporting all sales channels globally as well as remaining flexible to requester needs and scalable to organizational objectives and growth. This position reviews all documents created by GDS, both draft and final output, and ensures accuracy against submitted originals and job request instructions as well as consistency and compliance.
- Review all documents created by GDS, both draft and final output, ensuring accuracy against submitted originals and job request instructions as well as in accordance to standard proofreading/editing documentation and corporate global style guidelines.
- Crosscheck, examine, and validate all citations, references, and writing styles.Analyze, evaluate, and escalate all data and content issues to ensure consistency, credibility, and compliance, while also recommending alternative solutions of presentation so that the data and content is presented clearly and meets the requester’s needs.
- Note corrections electronically onto PDF proofs in a clear and concise manner.
- Review final print output (where applicable) for overall quality, accuracy, credibility, and reliability of assigned global marketing materials.
- Provide independent recommendations to maintain accuracy, consistency, continuity, and clarity of an individual piece as well as a collective marketing collateral piece.
- Recommend process/procedural improvements to increase productivity and proficiency.
- Provide training to team members and global business partners as assigned.
- Work with GDS staff to maintain high quality work.
- Document errors and educate on standards.
- Maintain detailed and accurate activity logs to support group performance metrics tracking and utilize the GDS Workflow tracking systems to communicate with requestors and team members.
The ideal candidate has:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field
- Minimum 3 years experience in a document services and/or proofreading environment
- Solid knowledge of proper English usage, grammar, vocabulary, spelling and proofreading
- Solid writing, language, and communication skills
- Solid knowledge of standard proofreading symbols
- Fundamental knowledge of mutual fund industry and investment products/concepts
- Strong relationship building skills; ability to build global relationships while instilling trust and confidence
- Ability to solve routine departmental and document generation issues with minimal direction and/or supervision
- Advanced analytical skills
- Ability to effectively train and develop both team members and global business partners
- Solid skill level in Microsoft Word, Excel (text input, simple formatting), PowerPoint, and Microsoft Outlook, as well as Adobe Acrobat
- Working knowledge of generally accepted office procedures, practices and equipment (printers, faxes, multi-line phones)
- Ability to understand and incorporate detailed project requirements and instructions into finished product, and to work with minimal or no supervision
- Highly organized, maintains accurate and orderly files and records, and has solid prioritization abilities
- Ability to perform multiple tasks in a fast paced team environment, adhering to established time frames and schedules
- Extremely detail oriented
- Possibility to develop your career in a Global environment
- Attractive location
- Benefit package: medical insurance, Life Insurance, Assistance Package, Employee Assistant Program, MultisportCard, Staff investment program
- Stable employment conditions
- Free gym in your office
- Friendly and supportive working environment
- Participation in international projects
- Possibility to lead or support Charity Events