Vlassenroot is world leader in the production of the most critical components of telescopic cranes: booms, turntables, and chassis for mobile cranes is looking for candidate for position
Miejsce pracy: Gliwice
The Quality Manager reports to the Country Manager and is responsible for assuring quality of the company’s products in Poland (Gliwice).
- Leads the Quality Department in achieving operational excellence and continuous improvement through assuring consistent quality of production and processes within the company.
- Provides leadership and project management on Quality improvement efforts.
- Manages time, money and resources available to efficiently respond to any requirement related to the quality of product in a prioritized, quantifiable manner.
- Defines, develops, and leads the strategic activities of process and quality improvement from assessment of new initiatives through implementation and managing processes.
- Cooperates with customers and suppliers in reference to quality issues of products and components.
- Manages activities of the Non-destructive Tests Inspectors plant wide on all shifts, and assures the tests are performed in accordance with the law, Customer's, Company's and National and Country standards, specifications and requirements.
- Maintains product documentation, and monitors adherence to standards and actively checks for accuracy of data received or generated before passing it on.
- Follows up on non-conformities and claims from a Customers – meets with responsible managers, develops improvement plans, provides historical data, etc via 8D and or PDCA.
- Takes corrective action as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with the Company's policies.
- Effectively communicates and resolves issues arising out of the production processes, as related to quality, across all levels of the organization.
- Assumes responsibility as the Quality Management Representative, monitoring and managing the Quality Management System (QMS).
- Facilitates the QMS Management Review meetings.
- Formulates and maintains quality objectives coordinated with the business, product and customer expectations in mind.
- Promotes and acts upon employees' ideas for improvements in areas of quality, safety and work environment.
- Compiles and writes training material and conducts training sessions on quality control activities and quality tools.
- Works with other functions to reduce variation and drive out waste in all processes.
- Evaluates current or new quality tools and technology and introduces these to the organization where applicable.
- Develops communication systems to ensure the sharing of best practices of internal (between plants and departments) and external (customers, suppliers, competition, and similar industries) improvement practices.
- Serves as the in-house expert on using and training 8 D and problem-solving process tools.
- Implement and conduct product and process audits. Convert audit findings into system improvement recommendations and solutions.
- Manage a team of several Quality inspectors, quality engineers and welding engineers engaged in quality assurance process.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant managerial experience.
- Experience in the steel fabrication or similar manufacturing environment.
- Must be familiar with non-destructive testing methods.
- Must be familiar with a wide range of equipment and tools used in steel manufacturing, and have the ability to read and understand drawings, work orders, safety rules, and various manuals.
- Preferred experience with ERP/MRP manufacturing software.
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing, quality and problem solving tools.
- Proficiency with MS Office.
- Very good knowledge of Polish and English, German will be an advantage.
- Understands and can use measurement tools and equipment.
- Understands and can implement quality systems.
- Business and results oriented.
- Fact-based problem solving.
- Analyzes situations and problems.
- Uses sound judgment.
- Ability to set and manage priorities.
- Builds a sense of shared purpose and vision.
- Fosters open communication.
- Develops and coaches talent.
- Clearly expresses oneself orally and in writing.
- Acts with integrity.
- Adaptability to change and ambiguity.
- Team work oriented.