R&D Embedded Senior SW Engineer – Mission Critical Communication
The Corporate Research Center located in Krakow is one of seven ABB research units in the world. Here we create innovative solutions for our products and systems. We are seeking you to enforce our team developing leading end-2-end solutions for ABB Mission Critical Communication business. It is a unique opportunity for you to work on international projects in interdisciplinary, talented teams working on highly available & reliable network solutions.
- Development of C/C++ applications for embedded platforms;
- Developement of connectivity for newly developed products;
- Participation in entire platform definition and design process, including hardware, embedded SW and network management SW;
- Participation in defining software architecture – technology selection and evaluation;
- Scouting and evaluation of the newest technology trends and solutions for communication systems;
- Preparation of technical documentation;
- Participation in project planning, execution and R&D activities.
Additional advantage will be:
- MSc Eng. degree in Electronics, Telecommunication, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or similar field;
- Fluency in modern C/C++ programming (C++11 or newer);
- Knowledge of object-oriented analysis, design and programming (OOA, OOD, OOP);
- Experience in distributed software development environment including system deployment and configuration;
- Extensive knowledge of Linux (core architecture, GNU toolchain);
- Experience in network communication (TCP/IP, TCP sockets, REST API);
- Demonstrated work with and in open source projects;
- Fluent in re-engineering and refactoring large pieces of SW (>3M Lines Of Code);
- Good spoken and written English;
- Good communication skills;
- Flexible and self-learning.
- Experience in testing automation of large pieces of SW;
- Experience with Agile/SAFe methodologies;
- Interest in data base systems or WEB applications;
- Experience in host based software development.
- Work in innovative projects, in modern technologies, realized from the very concept to the final deployment;
- Unique possibility of newest technologies’ evaluation and realization of your own concepts;
- Being a part of project groups formed out of world-class power engineering, programming and automation experts;
- Possibility to develop skills and continuously improve qualifications in different areas; possibility to gain multidisciplinary competences;
- A cooperative, international team, great atmosphere and friendly work environment;
- Stable employment and attractive remuneration conditions;
- Rich benefits set (private medical service, also for the family members, life insurance, Multisport) and… a great terrace with the view to Wawel ;
- Flexible working hours.
Do you want to see how it really is here? Have a look: