- Przy Rondzie 4, 31-547 Kraków, PolskaKraków, małopolskie
- Ważna jeszcze 3 dnido: 31 maj 2020
- Umowa o pracę
- Pełny etat
- Specjalista (Mid / Regular)
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB is a pioneering technology leader with a comprehensive offering for digital industries. With a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB is today a leader in digital industries with four customer-focused, globally leading businesses: Electrification, Industrial Automation, Motion, and Robotics & Discrete Automation, supported by its common ABB Ability™ digital platform.
Our Pulp and Paper product group develops market leading measurement, inspection and control automation systems for the Pulp and Paper industry. We are looking for an Electronics Design Engineer to help us build the next generation of measurement and inspection products for industry. As a member of the Hardware Engineering Research & Development (R&D) team based in Krakow you will be responsible for the design and support of sophisticated measurement, control and computer imaging systems. We are looking for a senior level Electronics Engineer with a thorough understanding of both low-noise analog circuits and digital design with FPGAs for high speed data acquisition, digital signal processing and image processing. In this position, you will be providing high quality and innovative solutions to a wide range of challenging problems and contributing to the completion of specific design projects.
This will be a challenging position in a global R&D team working in the front line of process industries with a truly global leader, providing many opportunities for personal and professional development.
- Actively participate in new product development efforts from requirements to concepts, design, prototyping in-house test, field test and release to manufacturing.
- Lead complex designs involving Systems-on-Chip (SoC), FPGAs, high-speed communication and imaging protocols.
- Develop & test firmware in embedded environments.
- Collaborate with hardware engineers on circuit design for imaging systems influencing architecture and design, ensuring signal integrity, participating in schematic entry and key component selection.
- Develop new upgrade and service solutions for existing product portfolio.
- Conduct product troubleshooting in the lab and in the field.
- Cooperate with hardware team on preparation of test solutions.
- Effectively work with cross-functional teams including physics, mechanical design, software and system engineering.
- Lead relevant design and development tasks; provide technical leadership; coordinate with other resources and create high quality products within the defined schedules and budgets.
- Other areas of responsibility include but are not limited to: participation in ABB group-wide growth and process improvement initiatives; providing training to ABB’s project/service delivery organization; and liaising with other ABB units, corporate research centers and external research institutes/houses.
- Regular international travel to our main R&D center in Ireland and Finland is required (~20%).
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred) in Electronics, Electrical Engineering or Physics.
- At least 2 years of experience as an Electronics Engineer designing high speed digital circuitry
- Strong digital circuit design background that includes: FPGAs, soft-core microprocessors, high-speed communication interfaces, system level simulations, and experience with building blocks for modular systems.
- Experience with either Verilog or VHDL (or both).
- Additional advantage would be design skills and knowledge of tools for schematic capture and board layout and simulation (Altium preferred), experience dealing with PCBA manufacturers, and experience with product structures for manufacturing (BOMs, Specs etc.).
- Self-motivated, independent, and comfortable working in a team environment.
- Strong problem analysis and solving skills.
- Cultural sensitivity to work across geographic borders.
- Demonstrable detail orientation and systematic troubleshooting skills.
- Strong desire to learn.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
- A positive and flexible attitude.
- Although not a requirement, experience in one of the following is a strong asset in this role: design or implementation of industrial control systems associated with pulp and paper processes; signal processing and/or image signal processing; Quartus Schematic Design.
- A stable employment in a company with a long history in innovation and technology
- Collaboration with experienced experts in an international environment
- Individual development and training opportunities, from job specific to soft skills
- Attractive remuneration based on your experience and skills, and other financial benefits, such as annual bonus and internal share purchase program
- Various benefits in kind, ranging from healthy lifestyle offerings, to knowledge sharing, to teambuilding activities
- Life insurance
- Commute Refund
- Luxmed Health Care
- Multikafeteria & Additional Perks