- Ogłoszenie wygasło 16 dni temu
- Pełny etat
- Kierownik / Koordynator
Global job purpose
Responsible for the timely and qualitative execution of Accounting Operations for Management Accounting (Product Accounting/Inventory Valuation and Value Flow Management), according to the defined activity split in the area of responsibility.
Ensures reliable figures in group and local reports on a "fit for purpose" level in his / her scope of responsibility in accordance with the BKA and the BMA directives, considering the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and according to the country specific legislation and country specific tax compliance accounting treatment allowing certification by external auditors.
Manages respective team, working as senior expert for either/or both PA/IV processes as well as Value Flow Management and supports and empowers team members’ work delivery and development.
Major tasks and responsibilities:
- Manages and leads respective team, including employee development, performance management and instilling LIFE values.
- Coordinates clarification of business requirements or process changes deemed necessary in order to improve efficiency & accuracy and reduce complexity.
- Interacts with key business functions (e.g. Controlling, Procurement, Product Supply, etc.) to ensure proper accounting for the particular areas of operation.
- Partners with the Global Office (GO) to ensure globally defined standards and activity splits, as well as liaise with the Service Center Manila/Barcelona regarding closing issues and to implement desired and necessary processes and changes.
- Interact with internal and external auditors ensuring prompt response to audit requests. Ensure appropriate ICS controls are in place and operating effectively.
- Take a key role in global as well local projects, legal entities and system mergers, acquisitions or divestitures.
Value Flow Management:
- Support countries/sites as an expert for Value Flow Management. This requires an understanding of global set value flows as well as local requirements and definitions, assisting with month-end closings, and ensuring that plan / actual assessment cycles follow the Bayer Management Accounting Directive.
- Ensure that all enablers are properly utilized and that legal entities under respective responsibility are compliant to global value flow definition. Also, together with own team, analyses the need for exceptions and raise and align those to GO/GPO.
Product Accounting & Inventory Valuation:
- Manage sites as expert for Product Accounting and Inventory Valuation.
- Oversee closing: production/purchasing variances, material ledger adjustments, use of actual activity rates, posting of start-up, downtime and underutilization, BSA such as net realizable value, samples. Ensure all system enablers are being fully utilized and inform management, the GO, and GPOs of any issues.
- Oversee the analysis of the Income Statement between in the area of responsibility.
- Oversee Inventory Caretaker activities and ensure Material Count Completeness
- BA/BS degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business with 7+ years of experience, or an MBA/MS with 5+ years of experience
- Proven experience in leading teams and people management
- Experience in Product Accounting and Inventory Valuation as well as in cost accounting/controlling
- Exceptional analytical, interpersonal, communications, and presentation skills are required as is the ability to build long term partnerships with staff and others at multiple levels within the organization
- Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy, initiative and reliability
- Experienced in multidisciplinary project and corresponding change management. Competence to grasp an overview of complex subject matters and to deduce operational activities
- Demonstrated ability to be a role model for the Bayer LIFE Values -Leadership, Integrity, Flexibility and Efficiency - is required.
- Willingness to travel up to 30% or as projects dictate
- Fluent English, both spoken and written
- Knowledge of Bayer Group accounting and reporting requirements, especially PA/IV and VFM in accordance with the Bayer Management Accounting Directive
- Prior experience in a management position with demonstrated ability to coach, mentor and develop talent
- General SAP knowledge and/or SAP Product Costing expertise
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and/or Certified Management Accountant (CMA)
- Knowledge of German or other languages
What we offer:
- Flexible working hours;
- Training for a role and opportunity to learn;
- Attractive salary and bonuses;
- Complex medical care and individual life insurance; sport card;
- Good working conditions and comfortable working environment: relax, creativity and room for parents and children.