What if you were given the opportunity to make a difference?
It`s time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities! This is your opportunity to be a part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history while creating future success.
We are an established and expanding Global Business Services Center in Krakow. Thanks to our engaged employees and operational excellence we provide advanced services in the areas of Finance, IT, Global Sourcing, Supply Chain and Global Customer Service.
You have the opportunity to contribute your unique talents as you develop a rewarding career and learn from experts in our diverse and international work environment.
Raw Materials Global Sourcing Buyer
This role is part of the Global Sourcing organization dedicated to support all EMEA businesses IP European Paper, IP Russia and EMEA Packaging, through leveraging the volumes of particular Category (i.e. Logistics – Transportation & Warehousing, Raw Materials, Corporate Services, MRO - Maintenance, Repair and Operations products, Manufacturing Services) and sourcing, negotiation and implementation of cost effective procurement contracts. Annual cost savings and negotiated TCO (Total Cost of Ownership) values are two key criteria for success.
We provide an advanced and open working environment with excellent opportunities for personal development.
Position in Global Sourcing is giving unique opportunities of interactions with both external suppliers and internal IP stakeholders.
Changing environment and variety of projects is guaranteeing constant challenges and multiple, diverse development opportunities. It is strengthening analytical skills, strategic thinking as well as interpersonal skills.
- You will have an opportunity to take a part in Regional (EMEA) and Global projects related to IP facilities operations and possibility to develop technical knowledge about operational aspects of paper mills and box plants
- Your voice matters – you will represent EMEA region and influence consequential decisions
- “Do it your way” attitude – we offer flexibility and openness for your creativity
- You will help save the environment by incorporating sustainability in your everyday work
If you feel to be the right candidate and you are interested in joining our team, please send your CV via our system.
- Manage relationship with existing suppliers and seek for new opportunities
- Search for continuous process and cost improvements in dedicated purchasing category
- Serve as liaison between the mill/plant and suppliers
- Negotiate and cooperate with suppliers to ensure on-time and effective performance in accordance with IP EMEA facilities’ requirements
- Analyze spend data, underlying market drivers to build up long-term sourcing strategy
- Support contracts’ implementations at IP facilities
- Ensure contracts related data entry and compliance
- Support change management and stakeholder’s engagement
- Manage all Category related activities; these include, but not limited to:
- Go to market strategy development, that meets stakeholder requirements
- RFI/RFP preparation and associated analysis
- Negotiation strategy building up and execution
- Award of business and contract implementation
- On-going supplier relationship management ensuring contract effectiveness for IP’s facilities (Price, Quality, and Service Levels)
- Price and terms audits
- Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Industrial Management, Accounting, Finance or Economics - preferred.
- 1 - 3 years of professional experience in corporate purchasing role. Experience in Raw Materials category would be an advantage.
- Analytical skills - a must, as well as negotiation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English - essential
- Ability to communicate in French, Italian, Spanish, Polish or Russian - would be an advantage
- Experience in pulp & paper industry or related area would be an advantage
- Experience with SAP MM, BW or similar ERP system and MS Office tools
- Travel requirement up to 30%