Regional Category Manager
Castel San Pietro Terme, Italyabroad
- offer expired a month ago
- contract of employment
- senior specialist (Senior)
- home office work
- remote recruitment
This position will give you an exciting growth opportunity to set, implement, lead and coordinate category strategy activities in Europe. Among this, you will also:
• Accelerate cost-down impact from suppliers driving and executing a sustainable savings pipeline across all levers while utilizing cross-functional teams
• Develop and implement supplier strategy for all suppliers within responsibility
• Actively research trends within technology incl. how other industries impact the sub-category e.g. 3-D printing, supply, pricing, investments etc.
• Take full and proactive responsibility for supplier performance
• Lead an effective supplier relationship management acting as the Danfoss key account and supplier development activities
• Understand Danfoss business needs and the commodity market impacts.
Solid Category management experience within Mechanical Engineering category
You hold a relevant MSc or BSc degree (Commercial degree or a Mechanical Engineering background topped with solid commercial understanding. But more importantly, you:
• Hold a solid direct category management experience from an international company
• Have business talent and drive, combined with a strong appetite for keeping momentum on strategic development of your category
• Look for new ways of managing multiple suppliers and stakeholders, using your diplomatic, negotiation and networking skills without losing people on the way.
We’d love to see that you can also bring a value with your:
• Ability to navigate safely in complex relations while working both independently and within cross-functional teams
• Proactivity and a can-do attitude with high commitment to results and people relations.
As you will become part of a truly global team with colleagues in Europe, USA, Brazil, China and India, you need to be fluent in English language. And if you’d like to broaden your horizons and embrace your international spirit, then apply now!
What we offer
At Danfoss we are embracing diversity and actively engage people from a diverse set of backgrounds, which is a critical step in the journey toward a long-term, sustainable culture of inclusion and belonging at our company.
We would like to bring your whole self, and besides a true feeling of belonging, we can provide you with a strategic and regional position responsibilities, international and diverse team with a manager from Denmark, 10-30 days of business travel per year (mainly to our key suppliers and stakeholders) and a true cross-department cooperation in a matrix organization.
You will also get an ultimate opportunity for learning and development through dynamic work, as well as numerous activities, initiatives and projects for work-life balance and healthy living which we create and share globally within Danfoss and externally with our society.
At Danfoss, we are engineering solutions that allow the world to use resources in smarter ways – driving the sustainable transformation of tomorrow. No transformation has ever been started without a group of passionate, dedicated and empowered people. We believe that innovation and great results are driven by the right mix of people with diverse backgrounds, personalities, skills, and perspectives, reflecting the world in which we do business. To make sure the mix of people works, we strive to create an inclusive work environment where people of all backgrounds are treated equally, respected, and valued for who they are. It is a strong priority within Danfoss to improve the health, working environment and safety of our employees.
Following our founder’s mindset ‘action speaks louder than words’, we set ourselves ambitious targets to protect the environment by embarking on a plan to become CO2 neutral latest by 2030.
Danfoss is an EO employer and VEVRAA Federal Contractor. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected category.
Danfoss Procurement organization is in a search of a new colleague to join our Danfoss Procurement within Mechanical Solutions categories.
The position is connected to flexible localizations within Danfoss offices in Italy (Bologna), Slovenia (Ljubljana) and Poland (Grodzisk). Our new colleague will be placed in one of these 3 locations.
Our ambition is to support the Danfoss growth journey by providing strategic procurement business insights to our matrix procurement colleagues and businesses.
If you are passionate about setting new directions, creating strategies and developing relationships with internal stakeholders and suppliers, you should read further!
You are most welcome to apply with English CV and co-create our sustainable and greener future. It’s time for action, and we are ready to meet you!
As we don’t have an application deadline, please apply as soon as possible. Position is posted, until it is closed.