We are looking for:
Regional GL Team Lead
At Global Business Services
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we operate in over 80 countries and employ around 35,000 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high performance products and services our customers expect. For more information please visit www.akzonobel.com.
Perks & Benefits
- Educational sponsorship
- Laptops Monitors
- Home office if applicable for a role
- Medical package
- Modern and colorful office
- Integration events
- Career mobility
- Colourful culture
Key objectives of the job are:
- Manages the Tower based activities (e.g. Fixed Asset, GL) that result in the legal entity statements and statutory reporting in a region. Covering multiple Bus.
- Coordinate and assign work to analysts to conform to the monthly cycle and ad hoc requirements.
- Monitor GBS performance and conform to the service delivery cycle and internal control requirements.
- Linking pin to plant/site controllers in the field of accounting.
- Involve specialists in specific accounting topics where specific/deep knowledge is required.
- Identifies improvements and initiates improvement projects.
- Ensure control and compliance as per defined framework.
- Provide and monitor development plans for the team members.
- Coordinate and assign work to analysts to conform to the monthly cycle, ensuring a fair workflow during the month, and an effective split during month closing.
- Responsible for and advises on operational complex and judgment based general accounting (e.g. complex (non-rule based) accruals) and recurring month-end activities that require judgment.
- Responsible for all operational activities with regard to the consolidation of legal entity statements and local statutory reporting in the region, including responsibility for accounting documentation (e.g. A-Form, balance sheet reconciliations, audit reports) and be the first contact person for the business on these accounting topics.
- Providing accounting technical guidance and assistance across the defined region and business regarding IFRS and local GAAP.
- Drive compliance with rules and regulations set by global accounting in operations team.
- Drive standardization and quality in balance sheet reconciliation and review, performing final reviews, assuring IFRS compliance, IFRS implementation and adherence to AkzoNobel accounting and reporting rules.
- Ensure tax compliance both direct and indirect.
- Communicate with GBS on performance, new developments, info requests, WEB Fem application and approval of specific entries. Active participation in GBS user panels, effective alignment with Service Delivery Managers.
- Support Regional Process Delivery Lead in liaising with local authorities and internal/external auditors.
- Identify and signal recurring issues for further process improvement and further drive process improvement in the RAC with active involvement in initiatives (e.g. by applying Lean Six Sigma improvement methodology).
- Harmonizes processes between the team members, and initiates the documentation of and adherence to these new processes.
- Manages performance of the team that meets established requirements of quality, quantity, completeness, and timeliness.
- Accounting professional with 5+ years of experience in accounting and financial reporting, and capable of analyzing complex processes and issues (2nd or 3rd accounting job).
- Preferably have working experience in one or multiple business units / SMUs.
- Bachelor (or Academic) degree in Accounting or Finance, preferably RA, CMA or similar.
- Adequate expertise knowledge in financial accounting (IFRS, accounting processes).
- Good knowledge of accounting in ERP systems (SAP/ MFGPRO knowledge preferred).
- Good understanding of Consolidation Systems, preferably HFM.
- Ability to communicate effectively with counterparts in the organization.
- Good organizational skills, able to plan, set priorities and work under time pressure to meet deadlines while keeping ‘an eye’ for the details.
- Proven ability to drive continuous improvement agenda in the financial and transactional processes, and monthly closing and reporting processes.
- Ability to work and delegate work under severe time pressure during month-end closures and continuously retain ‘an eye’ for the details.
- Previous managing experience in accounting and able to plan, coordinate and assign work to analysts.
- Advanced user of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint software.