About TMF Group
We help global companies expand and invest seamlessly across international borders. Our expert accountants, corporate secretarial and HR and payroll professionals are located around the world, enabling clients to operate their corporate structures, finance vehicles and investment funds in different geographical locations.
With operations in more than 80 countries providing outsourced compliance services, TMF Group is the global expert that understands local needs.
Global reach, Local knowledge Operating in more than 80 countries across EMEA, Asia Pacific and the Americas.
TMF Poland is currently looking for Regional Privacy Officer - GDPR to join the team in Warsaw.Job Position: Regional Privacy Officer - GDPR
okres zatrudnienia: 1 rok z mozliwoscia przedluzenia (umowa o prace).
Privacy Officer will be based out of Poland and handle all privacy related legal matters of TMF Group in Central & Eastern Europe (Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Ukraine and Russia - including Germany) taking into account the GDPR requirements and existing privacy policies of TMF Group.
Privacy Officer is part of a dedicated Global Privacy Team within Group Legal and has a responsibility to keep the TMF Group and the respective local offices in good legal and data protection standing. This role will report to Chief Privacy Officer, based in Netherlands.
- Ensuring that local service and supplier agreements with third parties are GDPR compliant as well as in line with other (local) data protection legislation and TMF Group privacy policies and procedures;
- Review and assess client and supplier data processing agreements, terms and other relevant privacy documentation vis-a-vie TMF Group policies and procedures whilst making sure that TMF Group local office can diligently and in accordance with the data protection requirements engage into a requested client/supplier transaction;
- Review and negotiate data protections terms and data processing agreements for TMF Group in alignment with local Legal Counsels;
- Document and update on regular basis all local data processing activities within local TMF Group entities with the use of a data inventory, with support of Country Privacy Leads (where available);
- Educate local professionals utilizing basic local training program on data protection;
- Be the first point of contact for inquiries from Data Protection Authorities and with regard to Data Subject requests and Data Breaches, escalating where needed to Chief Privacy Officer;
- Responsible for local Data Protection Impact Assessments in alignment with Chief Privacy Officer;
- Signal any data protection issues in a client/supplier transaction and liaise with the client respectively suppliers to solve these;
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested by Group Legal leadership.
- University degree in civil law;
- Preferably a minimum of 2-4 years relevant post qualified working experience;
- Good understanding and working knowledge of GDPR, privacy laws and privacy regulations;
- Excellent local office language and English written and verbal communication skills;
- Passionate interest in privacy, technology and security of personal data.
- Knowledge of the GDPR and specific local data protection requirements of jurisdictions the Privacy Officer is appointed for;
- Self-motivated and able to work both independently and as part of a team;
- Good communication skills coupled with the ability to liaise with people internationally, through spoken and written channels and at all levels;
- Result oriented and decisive;
- Self-management and responsible;
- Flexible, analytical and convincing;
- Personal credibility, integrity and high moral standards.
Working at TMF Group offers:
- Learning opportunities: you will work with highly experienced colleagues who are ready to share their knowledge, and will receive the opportunity to work on diverse and complex client requests. You will also be able to apply for and be supported for training.
- Value-driven work environment: you can expect integrity and respect from all your colleagues and your leadership team.
- Teamwork: an environment where we learn from our mistakes and work together to improve our processes continuously. A no-blame culture where teamwork is important, valued and lived daily.
- Ambition: we are a growing company in which we constantly look for the next opportunity and where all ideas are welcome.