- Ogłoszenie wygasło 13 dni temu
- Umowa o pracę
- Pełny etat
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT?
The position is responsible for collaborating with Senior Leaders across the organization to develop and execute plans to standardize processes, improve operational capabilities (onshore & offshore), increase operational efficiency and effectiveness, and ensure the successful implementation of change and technology projects.
The role will also be responsible for in-depth research and analysis, development of robust, fact-based business cases in support of change, as well as material to support communications and to influence desired outcomes. In addition, the role will participate in projects & cross-functional teams that will analyze & optimize complex operations processes through the application of best practice methodologies such as Lean/Six Sigma, create & manage detailed project plans, drive change management activities, own & deliver required project outputs, escalate issues in a timely manner and the routine reporting of project status.
WHAT IS IN IT FOR YOU?
- Leading/co-leading complex regional/multi-country projects with high level of independency
- Collaboration with Senior Leaders across the organization
- Exposure and responsibility across multiple work-streams
- Extensive knowledge and best practice sharing among global teams
Possibility of working from home even on a regular basis (due to Covid situation)
Attractive benefits package (including private health care, sports card, life insurance, lunch card)
A diverse and multicultural atmosphere
WE WILL COUNT ON YOU TO:
- Define regional process standards
- Support technology implementation projects with understanding of the business requirements
- Develop and implement process and workflow improvement initiatives in support of operations, including the design and implementation of key metrics as well as delivery of required training
- Conduct thorough analysis of complex business processes as well as cost-benefit analyses, to identify process improvement opportunities
- Build financial and operational models to simulate various scenarios and guide management decisions
- Monitor progress during projects and continually update project plan as needed
- Identify technology issues, recommend enhancements & lead the introduction of functionality
- Engage all key stakeholders and lead the way to change
WHAT YOU NEED TO HAVE:
- 10+ years of working experience, with 5 years preferably in the area of Business Analysis, Project/Program Management
- Six-Sigma/Lean/Project Management Certifications
- Higher education to degree level or equivalent
- Very good command of English – is a must
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office programs, particularly Excel and PowerPoint, being capable of presenting data accurately and efficiently
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to interact across all levels of the organization, are essential in this role
- Ability to manage heavy workloads to meet deadlines and deliver consistently high standards of work by planning and prioritizing effectively
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy for both numerical and written work is essential in this role
WHAT MAKES YOU STAND OUT:
- Past experience within insurance industry
- Overall positive approach
- Being open to continuous learning
Marsh is the world’s leading insurance broker and risk adviser. With over 35,000 colleagues operating in more than 130 countries, Marsh serves commercial and individual clients with data driven risk solutions and advisory services. Marsh is a business of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), the leading global professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. With annual revenue approaching US $17 billion and 76,000 colleagues worldwide, MMC helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment through four market-leading businesses: Marsh, Guy Carpenter, Mercer, and Oliver Wyman. Follow Marsh on Twitter @MarshGlobal; LinkedIn; Facebook; and YouTube, or subscribe to BRINK.
We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients regardless of their gender expression or identity, marital or civil partnership status, ethnic origin, nationality, age, background, disability, sexual orientation or beliefs. We are proud of our inclusive culture where everyone feels empowered to bring their whole selves to work and thrive. Learn more about our foundational values, mission and vision for the future by reviewing our Greater Good Policy.