Flint combines decades of telecoms and networking experience, coupled with the business insight, project management skills and resourcing capabilities that make mobile data projects happen quickly and efficiently. We do business in over 20 countries around the world, delivering our services to Tier 1 and Tier 2 mobile network operators and vendors.
Currently for our Client, worldwide leader in innovative IT and networking technologies we are looking for:
with German / Spanish / Italian / French or others
The Revenue Accounting Team is responsible for all aspects of revenue accounting for non-standard deals. The goal is to provide global product and service revenue accounting in an effective, holistic, and compliant way to meet the needs of our customers.
- Partnering with the Commercial Finance Team, Sales & Services Finance and the wider Finance community to ensure necessary accounting adjustments are properly forecasted for financial and management accounting purposes
- Acts as a point of contact with Sales & Services Finance to ensure accuracy of management and financial accounting (product and service sales bookings) as they relate to the revenue
- Manages the relationship - operational and strategic - with Sales Operations and Sales & Services Finance
- Liaise with internal and external auditors
- Drive the development of monthly reporting metrics
- Liaise and research with IT team for system improvements and/or solutions to data flow from web-based tools to Accounts Receivable Sub-Ledger to General Ledger and other downstream reporting tools, i.e. Business Objects, P&L Cube etc.
- Partner with Credit & Collections Team and A/R Ops to ensure accurate credit memo forecasting.
- Accurately accounts for non-standard deals in accordance with US GAAP requirements and corporate accounting policy \
- Adheres to standard accounting practices with regards to reserve accounting, revenue forecasting, corporate balance sheet review, rebates and special discounts which have a direct impact on the accounting reserves
- Assist in day-to-day accounting activities related to revenue recognition under US GAAP (SOP 97-2, 08-1)
- Ensures revenue reserves are managed and accounted for in an accurate and timely manner
- Ensures monthly accounting entries and processes are strictly adhered to
- Follows all SOX processes for revenue accounting while maintaining up-to-date documentation of processes and test plans and ensures testing is completed without exception
- Assists with all SOX related documentation and testing activities
- Accurately accounts for non-standard deals in accordance with US GAAP requirements and coroprate accounting policy
- Large Multi-National company or technology sector experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Languages: English and additional German / Spanish / Italian / French and others
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in an accounting environment
- Qualified in either CIMA, ACCA, ACA or CPA
- Professional experience gained in financial or management accounting
- Solid technical knowledge of US GAAP accounting and Sarbanes Oxley SOX
- Ability to manage projects involving others (advantageous)
- Strong IT skills, knowledge of Excel, Oracle Financials, Business Object, Essbase
- Open communicator with the ability to influence business partners
- Strong problem solving skills and analytical abilities
- Attention to detail, able to prioritize and meet tight deadlines