Amazon Advanced Technologies Team empowers a smarter, faster, more consistent customer experience through automation.
Are you inspired by invention?
Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA?
Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture?
Answer yes to any of these and you’ll fit right in here at Amazon Advanced Technologies. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics, autonomous vehicles, sortation and pack-automation technologies to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even image yet. We invent new improvements every day. We are Amazon Advanced Technologies and we will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling and fun.
Miejsce pracy: Szczecin
About these internships:
Whatever your background, if you love call for tenders and negotiation with suppliers, if you have a passion for reporting, forecasting and building KPI dashboards that will support the business in optimizing their consumable orders and consumption, if you like creating easy to follow processes and training your business partners, Amazon and the procurement team are a great place to be. Because it’s only by coming up with new ideas and challenging the status quo that we can continue to be the most customer-centric company on Earth, we’re all about flexibility: we expect you to adapt quickly to all the changes around you, and we encourage you to try new things.
Amazon Advanced Technologies and the Engineering Deployment Teams are seeking talented and motivated Engineering students to join their team for an internship assignment.
The candidate will have the opportunity work with senior engineering staff on existing and new modules, systems and technologies. The ideal candidate has strong mechatronic, mechanical and or robotics aptitude, enjoys problem solving and can potentially handle multiple parallel tasks. He/she should be interested in the integration and launch of complex automated solutions. These solutions will involve many types of automation including robotics, sortation and conveyance, controls integration, vision systems, and process development/optimization.
- We want to hire the world’s brightest minds, and offer them an environment in which they can relentlessly improve the experience for our customers
- You are currently working towards a 2+ year’s university degree in Engineering, Mechatronics, Mechanical/Electrical or Electronics engineering, Robotics, Computer Engineering, Machine Learning, Computer Science or a related field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- You must have the right to work in the country you are applying for
- Experience in the design and debugging of large scale software applications
- Proficiency in two or more programming languages such as Java, PHP, Python, C, MySQL, etc.
- Solid understanding of principals, theories and concepts in mechanical, electrical, or software engineering
- Classroom and/or project experience in programming, firmware, and/or system level design
- Experience in controlling actuators using sensors with programmed embedded systems
- Comfortable using hand tools
- Desire and energy to work in a fast-paced agile environment
- Hands on experience with the ability to craft simple proof-of-concept models
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work well with teams
- Ability to work successfully in an ambiguous environment, to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workload even when faced with conflicting priorities
- The ability to develop models and tools through the use of high-level modeling languages
- Previous work experience – a summer job, internship or full- time role; if it’s an experience in designing optimization models for inventory, network flows and other characteristics of supply-chain systems (e.g., staff scheduling, vehicle routing, and facility location), accompanied by associated expertise in the use of tools and the latest technology or software development, even better
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decision based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.