- Bernarda Chrzanowskiego 11, 80-278 Gdańsk, PolskaGdańsk, pomorskie
- Ogłoszenie wygasło 17 dni temu
- Praca zdalna
- Umowa o pracę
- Starszy specjalista (Senior)
Objectivity is a values-driven IT outsourcing partner. We are Digital Transformation Specialists who create Win-Win solutions for all our stakeholders. Our specialty is designing, delivering and supporting IT solutions that help our clients grow. As a mature organisation, we have an ethical framework that supports our activities. We are socially engaged, and always willing to help.
- Are you looking for a role that makes the most of your existing RPG / IBMi expertise and experience?
- Would you like to work for a company that has consistently been voted in the top three in the Great Place to Work surveys?
- Are you interested in playing a key role in systems modernisation for a globally strategic client?
- Are you eager to work with a client that has many globally recognised iconic brands with fundamentalvalues of innovation, involvement, integrity and independence?
- Do you want a long-term role, where your contributions and actions can make a real and direct difference on the ongoing growth and success of our clients?
- Are you motivated by the possibility to broaden your skills and experience both within the IBMi environment with modern programming and the Azure Devops or ARCAD?
If your answer is yes to most, if not all, of the above, please read on – we have an exciting opportunity, which we would like you to conside
- Ability to analyse RPG code and maintain the existing applications as well as the design and development of new options and facilities.
- Providing Application Development and Maintenance Support for critical business systems, such as bulk stocks management, handling aspects of the tracking of stock from the initial distillation, through transportation, to long-term storage and bottling.
- Applying and establishing best-practices for software delivery in order to design and implement an automated delivery process, supported by automated testing, which allows us to release enhancements with confidence on a frequent and timely basis.
- Working within a hybrid team of experienced RPG developers initially onsite with the Client in Glasgow, Scotland and thereafter in Wroclaw, Poland.
- Preparing reports in IBM Db2 Web Query for i.
- Becoming part of an agile DevOps team (with an initial focus on systems modernisation), charged with the enhancement and maintenance of business-critical systems written in RPG and SQL on IBMi.
- Ensuring high code quality and constantly improving applications to make them open for future extensions and integrations with external interfaces.
- Exciting cross-team working with both technology and business representatives.
- Taking forward an application which has run successfully for decades and continuing its successful operation to ensure bulk stock management on a daily, operational basis.
Key result areas and typical tasks:
- Flexibility - the ability to adapt to changing and evolving business and technology needs.
- Reliability - technical changes are progressed professionally with modern RPG/SQL programming on IBMi , on time to a high standard.
- Relationships - are established, maintained and kept positive, resulting in tangible trust and confidence.
- Making sure that full and appropriate testing procedures are followed to ensure system and service quality.
- The DevOps team will be responsible for both Development and Operational support activities.
- Working with business users to identify, analyse, specify and progress business changes.
- Working with Arcad suite as the main change management tool.
- IBMi System Administration. Applying PTFs, taking care of the security, user profiles and devices.
- Supporting the IBMi application through the Cherwell ticket system.
You are The One, if you have:
- At least 2 years of experience with Project life cycle activities in development and maintenance projects, ability to work in a team in a diverse multiple stakeholder environment.
- At least 5 years of IT professional experience, including the minimum of 3 years of experience with the design and development of IBMi applications.
- Experience in automated testing is desirable.
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- At least 3 years of experience in IBMi Production support projects; Troubleshooting Debugging and handling high priority incidents.
- Good verbal & written communication skills for documentation & meetings when working with users.
- Experience or willingness to learn administrative part of IBMi.
- Proven programming experience in Free Form ILE RPG, SQL on DB2.
- Experience or willingness to learn Azure Devops and GIT source management.
To find out more:
What we can offer
- english courses
- medical care for you, your family or life partner
- investment fund
- life insurance
- benefit system
- free parking
- fresh fruit, sandwiches and breakfast cereal
- no dress code
- no open space
- great Place to Work
- friendly, skilled and helpful people
- healthywork - llfe balance
- relocation package - for candidates from outside of Lower Silesia
- probably the best coffee in town
- time for self-development
Location: Working from home or at the Wrocław/ Gdańsk office