We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East. What sets us apart is our diversity – of people, cultures and networks. We have more than 86,000 employees from 125 different countries and a presence in 60 markets.
As we increase our focus on our business and clients based in Europe and the Americas, we’re building a western hub that can support our activity in these regions a more beneficial time zone and location. The hub, located in Warsaw, focuses on managing complex, large scale, cross-border activities including financial crime compliance, cyber security, human resources and banking operations.
Sanctions Specialist / Advisor
The Role Responsibilities
- Review, approve and, when appropriate, escalate cases generated through daily sanctions screening of the firm's transactions, customers, and products (such as trade), against relevant internal and external sanctions lists to ensure compliance with applicable sanctions programs.
- Analyse comprehensive impact of financial crime related regulatory matters on the relevant business area and its operations.
- Ensure that key changes (to laws, rules, regulations) are implemented (in region/country), in coordination with group communications.
- Support relevant stakeholders to make decisions based on current internal and external requirement, practices and trends.
- Keep track of and provide advice to relevant stakeholders on the interpretation and application of regulatory expectations, laws, best practices and policies related to FCC.
- Assess sanctions screening alerts in real time for potential sanctions violations;
- Investigate true positive alerts for name screening alerts using the banks relevant Department Operating Instructions;
- Ensure the sanctions function operates in compliance with the relevant Sanctions Policies, Procedures and Departmental Operating Instructions for Name and Transactions Screening alert investigation activities;
- Adhere to deadlines and record-keeping obligations as defined in policies and procedures;
- Work with the operations and support units in achieving the sanctions agenda;
- Proactively escalate matters which might give rise to a Potential Circumvention Attempt or conduct requiring notification to OFAC, OFSI and/or other government agencies
Our Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor's degree
- 1+ years of relevant work experience in Sanctions Compliance.
- ACAMS certification or industry equivalent desired
- Sanctions knowledge is a must
- SWIFT and Fedwire standards knowledge is a must
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
What we offer:
- Career development in a fast-growing company with a clear business strategy
- Opportunity to expand international experience and build global professional relations
- Competitive benefits package (incl. health & life insurance, pension plan, meal & sports cards)
- 3 days of paid volunteering leave our employees can use to support the cause of their choice
- Convenient location (next to Rondo Daszyńskiego) with subway, tram and bus lines
- Comfortable office space with chillout areas, free coffee/tea & fruit supply
- Contribution to building our newest Global Business Services centre