private medical care
SAP Tax Expert - Project Manager, Indirect Tax (VAT)
- rondo Daszyńskiego 1, Wola, WarszawaWarszawa, Masovian
- offer expired 11 days ago
- contract of employment
- hybrid work
As part of the company’s unprecedented growth and expansion, Moderna is taking an important step in the evolution of the organization in building a world-class, international Global Business Services (GBS) center based in Warsaw, Poland. The Global Business Services center will house talent in Finance, Pharmacovigilance, HR, Digital, Compliance among many other functions as it builds a foundation for shared services, internationally.
The SAP Tax Expert/Project Manager, Indirect Tax (VAT) will report into the Senior Manager, Indirect Tax (VAT) and be responsible for all digital aspects of indirect tax services within Moderna International Business Services. In collaboration with the Indirect Tax Manager and broader International Tax team, this role is responsible for managing implementation of a tax engine, tax tools and making sure S/4HANA tax set-up is up to date and tax compliant.
Here’s What You’ll Do:
On Operational Excellence:
• Manage technical SAP changes, updates and configurations required from indirect tax point of view
• Coordinate implementation of various tax tools for the reporting purposes (e.g., SAF-T, return submission add-on’s);
• Lead team discussions, issue agendas and minutes, track action items, and log decisions;
• Proactively manage project risks and mitigation plans; follow our communication plan to escalate when necessary;
• Collaborate with tax and digital team members to create and maintain detailed, integrated project plans;
• Lead/support the implementation of indirect tax engine;
• Gathering requirements (both tax/ legal and business), analysing supply-chains and business processes to assess the required functional specifications, evaluating the current systems landscape and proposed future state in order to identify gaps and improvement areas;
• Prepare status updates for project review forums and communication to key stakeholders;
• Participate in the development of project management best practices for the team, including creation of templates and business process improvements;
• Assume additional responsibilities as assigned;
• Provide SAP technical support to indirect tax team members in their daily duties;
• Liaise effectively with external consultants.
On People and Stakeholder Management:
• Strong collaboration with International’s Indirect tax and MIBS leadership
• Partner with commercial and functional teams to understand key business processes
Bachelor's degree in Information Systems or a master’s degree in Accounting, Tax Technology, Management Information Systems, Computer Science or a related field
6+ years of related experience in working in tax SAP environment
Strong SAP technical and project management skills (strong record of undertaking tax compliance and/ or tax advisory work and experience with ERP systems)
Having an ability to understand key tax processes and translate those requirements into SAP
Experience in implementing tax tools (such as Vertex, AvaTax or Onesource, BIG4)
Strong work ethic, self-motivated, willing to “Roll-up your sleeves” to drive and deliver results, meet deadlines and improve processes
Strong analytical skills and pays attention to detail
Strong organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
Ability to work collaboratively across functional teams, experience working with a variety of people within a dynamic, fast changing environment as part of a multi-functional team/project.
Excellent English skills, both written and verbal. Additional languages is a plus
A desire to be part of a high-growth, transformational company that is Bold, Relentless, Curious, and Collaborative
employee referral program
generous computer glasses and contact lens reimbursement
1 month paid sabbatical after 5 years
Why we come to work every day?
Deliver on the promise of MRNA science to create a new generation of transformative medicines for patients.
The brand new Moderna International Business Center is an exciting next step in our global expansion. Based in the heart of Warsaw, it provides our growing organization with innovative and strategic support to help scale our business for the benefit of people and patients around the world.
We offer an opportunities in Digital, Finance, Human Resources, Pharmacovigilance and Supply Chain.
Welcome to Moderna. We believe mRNA is the “software of life."
Every cell in the body uses mRNA to provide real-time instructions to make the proteins necessary to drive all aspects of biology, including in human health and disease.
Given its essential role, we believe mRNA could be used to create a new category of medicines with significant potential to improve the lives of patients.
We are pioneering a new class of medicines made of messenger RNA, or mRNA. The potential implications of using mRNA as a drug are significant and far-reaching and could meaningfully improve how medicines are discovered, developed and manufactured.
Since our founding in 2010, we have worked to build the industry's leading mRNA technology platform, the infrastructure to accelerate drug discovery and early development, a rapidly expanding pipeline, and a world-class team. Our pipeline includes development candidates for mRNA-based vaccines and therapies spanning several therapeutic areas, and we have multiple clinical trials underway with other development candidates progressing toward the clinic. In addition, we have numerous discovery programs advancing toward development.