Mondelēz International, Inc. empowers people to snack right in over 160 countries around the world. We’re leading the future of snacking with iconic brands such as Oreo, belVita and LU biscuits; Cadbury Dairy Milk, Milka and Toblerone chocolate; Sour Patch Kids candy and Trident gum. Our 90,000+ colleagues around the world are key to the success of our business. Great people and great brands. That’s who we are.
Join us on our mission to continue leading the future of snacking around the world by offering the right snack, for the right moment, made the right way.
In Poland, we have been operating since 1992 and have more than 4600 employees in several locations: Warsaw head office, sales force, 7 manufacturing plants: Skarbimierz, Bielany Wrocławskie, Jarosław, Płońsk, Cieszyn and Jankowice, as well as global Research, Development & Quality (RDQ) Center in Wroclaw.
In Research, Development & Quality (RD&Q), your skills can be the special ingredient that brings our brands to life. As part of a fantastic team of scientists, engineers and nutritionists, you’ll work tirelessly on product design or development, process development, quality, nutrition, sensory and food safety aspects to ensure we deliver a consistent, delightful consumer experience. RD&Q is where you’ll turn great ideas into brilliant brands.
Scientist - Gum&Candy Product Development
Miejsce pracy: Bielany Wrocławskie (pow. wrocławski)
We promise you: To be part of the Gum & Candy Development team will be exciting! After all, you will be working on brands that matter to millions: Halls, Stimorol, Trident, Hollywood and many others. In this role you will lead or participate in the execution of various Gum & Candy development projects. As such it is crucial to ensure consistency and technical precision as well as manage and interpret research data in a business-relevant way. But of course you will not be working alone in the corner of a laboratory, but interacting very actively with other developers and people from functions such as marketing, procurement or supply-chain, so influencing others and managing cross-functional projects is going to be a big part of your working day.
You would be leading small to medium size projects or be part of team to execute big projects: new product development from simple line extension to breakthrough innovation, margin enhancement initiatives and quality improvement programs across Europe Middle East and Africa. From design to implementation, you and your team will be the technical experts in cross functional teams with direct interactions with marketing, supply chain, engineering, procurement. In that position you would be exposed to operational team but also senior management. Good communication skills, collaborative and dynamic profile are needed.
- Master Degree in Chemical engineering, Food Technology or Food Engineering
- Internship or up to 3 years in Product Development within Food industry. Experience in confectionery is a strong advantage.
- General knowledge of food manufacturing technologies, ingredients and ability to operate the equipment
- Experience with RD&Q systems such as Specification Management System, Project Management System, Quality Management, Productivity Tracking
- Ability to work across boundaries / functions and to collaborate with others to deliver results
- Ability to apply technical know-how to understand and develop product and processes
- Basic project management skills
- Knowledge in Food safety and Lean Six Sigma.
- Passion about science, creativity, innovation and continuous improvement mind set
- Fluency in English required, other language skills (Polish) are beneficial
- Flexibility to travel
This is a project role for 12 months.
We pride ourselves on having a high performing and collaborative culture where we offer support and development to enhance your career and develop your knowledge and skills. In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer top attractive social benefits.