State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management, market research and trading. With $28.4 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.48 trillion in assets under management State Street operates in 29 countries and more than 100 geographic markets and employs over 29,000 worldwide promoting a culture of excellence.
At the moment we are looking for candidates for the position of
Senior Depositary Analyst
Req number: R-565308-1
Purpose of Role:
The Senior Depositary Analyst is responsible for analyzing the content and monitoring the quality on a wide spectrum of depositary control functions, namely cash-flow monitoring, safekeeping of assets and general oversight functions.
- Review cash monitoring work conducted by the Depositary Analyst (significant cash flows, full cash flows reconciliation).
- Review safekeeping of assets work conducted by the Depositary Analyst (custody, asset ownership verification and registration).
- Perform oversight checks on valuation and safekeeping of units work conducted by the Depositary Analyst (subscriptions and redemptions oversight).
- Reconciliations: analyze the output of the reconciliations for specific instruments such as OTC Derivatives, ETD, cash, stock, etc.; make a risk assessment to identify risky items that require to be investigated further and that require escalation.
- NAV calculation: review procedures in place to calculate the NAV and understand the drivers of the NAV calculation, review income distribution calculations; ensure that the receivable and payable accounts linked to shareholder activity are in good order
- Trade settlement, income and cash: risk assessment of trades, cash and income not timely settled/received.
- Investment Restriction Compliance: identify breaches and check if escalation is required.
- Transfer Agency: understand the risk items linked to the transfer agency activity and review the output of the reconciliation of the collection account.
- Due diligence: collecting and reviewing due diligence questionnaires for clients, transfer agencies.
- Document collection: understand the legal documents linked to the activity of a mutual fund: ISDA, CSA, due diligence questionnaires.
- Collaborates with the Review Team on an ongoing basis
- Assists where required in preparing daily deliverable and reviews reports prepared by team.
- Controls the quality of the prepared work.
- Complete the reviewers’ checklist when required in accordance with procedures.
- Stays objective and protects the investor`s interest at all time
- Performs special projects and other tasks as assigned by the Team Supervisor.
- Involvement in the training and development of other team members as necessary.
- Assists Team Supervisor in the organization of the Team and in ensuring that departmental procedures and controls are adhered to.
- Assists Team Supervisor in implementing new procedures and controls.
NON - TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES
- Provides timely and professional responses to all enquiries.
- Keeps Team Supervisor, informed as to the daily work progress and status of requests.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with internal clients and colleagues.
- Demonstrates good time organizational skills in order to meet deadlines.
- Adheres to clean desk policy and record keeping.
- Ensure that daily work load is allocated appropriately.
Training and Personal Development
- Provides direction and training to staff in the course of their day-to-day work, Trains less experienced staff in fund and bank procedures and processes, and provides guidance and an adequate source of help for questions.
- Actively participates in the development of new hires in the team. Supports and guides them in the knowledge of all technical aspects of the work, as well as in their work organization.
- Identify training needs within the team and ensure that those needs are met.
- Take responsibility for personal development and training
- Numeracy / Literacy skills.
- Good organizational skills in order to meet deadlines and keep well-documented records.
- PC literate and competent in use of spreadsheets and word processing.
- The ability to understand complex investment fund structures and to identify the risks inherent in those structures.
- A thorough understanding of fund administration is required.
- Experience in finance, custody or funds would be an advantage.
- Fluent / upper-intermediate (B2+) in English
Critical Behaviors for Success as defined:
- Takes Ownership and Initiative
- Ensures accuracy and quality
- Provides outstanding service
- Communicates Effectively
- Displays Insight & Influence
- Fosters Collaboration and Teamwork
Previous Level of Experience:
- 1+ years experience in finance, custody or funds fund administration would be recommended