Royal Dutch Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies, operating in over 80 countries and territories and employing more than 90,000 people. Our core values of Honesty, Integrity and Respect for People define who we are and how we work. Royal Dutch Shell has developed a global network of Shell Business Operations to provide first-class services to Shell companies across the world.
Shell Business Operations (SBO) Krakow sits at the centre of Shell’s global businesses, providing an operational backbone to our essential business functions. Working in a vibrant community with strong values and a supportive culture, an SBO-Krakow job will offer the chance to build a lasting and meaningful career. As one of seven Business Operations centres, located worldwide, a job in Krakow will give you the chance to interact and work with people across the world, helping to deliver excellent support to business clients and internal stakeholders as well as advanced financial operations.
Shell is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, LGBT Equality and Individuals with Disabilities.
Miejsce pracy: Kraków
Job ID: 39426BR
- Develop, tender and negotiate contracts in line with the business demand.
- Demonstrate HSSE behaviors in dealings with colleagues/contractors
- Strategically manage tail end spend by working in close coordination with Enterprise category managers and CP (Contracting and Procurement) in the business (CPiB) colleagues
- Maximize value from Operational/Tactical contracts and implement Framework Agreements and category contracts
- Work with regional Trading House Procurement managers to optimize spend through Trading Houses
- Ensure continuity of supply through managing ad-hoc business requirements in accordance with tail spend management principles
- Monitor contract and contractor performance
- Become a fully embedded member of the CP group supporting
- Work with stakeholders within to execute commercial work plans and deliver substantial value by:
- Developing and executing fit-for-purpose commercial strategies and work plans for operational/tactical spend, aligned with CP in the Business and Category Management strategies
- Implement and manage operational/tactical agreements
Assuring supply of contracts at market competitive terms and conditions
- Utilizing LEAN and ESSA practices to streamline and improve performance
- Support and drive various projects to further streamline the CP Process
- Leverage best practices and external market dynamics to deliver value
- Operationalize selected Framework Agreements
- Reduce/rationalize number of Contracts/Suppliers
- Deliver end-to-end cost savings impacting RDS bottom line
- Identify CP strategic opportunities to improve the total cost of ownership
- Adapt rapidly to changing circumstances/priorities
- Ability to work as part of a virtual team
- University Degree required or equivalent CP experience
- Sound understanding of general Business CP requirements and CP's role and contribution to Business bottom line
- Ability to informally manage and lead a team
- Some awareness of SAP and RtP process is beneficial.
- Experience with commercial transactions or negotiation is essential.
- Ability to make decisions and execute with support of stakeholders
- Proven track record of execution excellence and delivering results
- Highly driven team player with ability to build long term relationships
- Ability to recognize and highlight cross business opportunities
- Well organized and able to manage competing priorities
- Customer service mindset
- Strong analytical skills and ability to work independently
- Good communications and inter-personal skills
- Very good commercial sense and understanding of procurement
- Enthusiasm and energy
- Fluent English (written & oral)
- Demonstrate a sound understanding of the Group CMCP process and commercial contract management technique
- Demonstrate a sound track record of delivery in a commercial environment and be able to show good customer focus
Benefits of working at Shell:
- Meaningful work in a company that is universally respected as a truly global energy leader (one of the world’s biggest companies according to Fortune Global 500)
- Unique opportunity to fulfill your potential with personal and professional development programs
- Work in a smart and motivated team within a supportive and inclusive culture with strong values
- Attractive salary and bonuses
- Complex medical care and individual life insurance
- Sports programme & facilities e.g. Multisport Benefits Card, vouchers for free time activities
- Good atmosphere at work and comfortable working environment: own canteen and a few relax rooms
- Opportunity to participate in social and community projects
Find out more
People with disabilities are welcome
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.