Royal Dutch Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies, operating in over 80 countries and territories and employing more than 90,000 people. Our core values of Honesty, Integrity and Respect for People define who we are and how we work. Royal Dutch Shell has developed a global network of Shell Business Operations to provide first-class services to Shell companies across the world.
Shell Business Operations (SBO) Krakow sits at the centre of Shell’s global businesses, providing an operational backbone to our essential business functions. Working in a vibrant community with strong values and a supportive culture, an SBO-Krakow job will offer the chance to build a lasting and meaningful career. As one of seven Business Operations centres, located worldwide, a job in Krakow will give you the chance to interact and work with people across the world, helping to deliver excellent support to business clients and internal stakeholders as well as advanced financial operations.
Shell is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, LGBT Equality and Individuals with Disabilities.
Senior Buyer with German
Miejsce pracy: Kraków
Thanks to cooperation with Shell you gain:
- Meaningful work in a company that is universally respected as a truly global energy leader (one of the world’s biggest companies according to Fortune Global 500)
- Good atmosphere at work and comfortable working environment: own canteen and a few relax rooms
- Attractive salary package and yearly bonuses
- Complex medical care and individual life insurance
- Sport programmes and facilities e.g. Multisport Card, vouchers for free time activities
- Additional funds for trainings and certifications, sport sections and the EuroShell Card
- Bonus for referring your friend to work
Join Shell Business Operations and start something remarkable!
This role provides the successful candidate an opportunity to see various parts of the Global Commercial through a CP (Contracting and Procurement) lens and to demonstrate such imperative Group behaviors as Commercial Mindset, External Focus and Speed of delivery. The role has a direct impact on delivery of business cost improvement through 3rd Party Spend management.
By joining this CP Ops team, you will be part of a dynamic, challenging and leading-edge Procurement Team. This is a challenging and rewarding role.
- Strategically manage operational / tactical contract and tail end spend by working in close collaboration with RtP team and Business colleagues and make sure it is aligned with business / function priorities
- With the good understanding of business requirement and its operation to maximize value from Operational Contracts/tactical contract and implement Category strategy to deliver the value
- Ensure continuity of supply through managing ad-hoc business requirements in accordance with Tail spend management Strategy through RtP E2E integration and optimize manual PO versus contract
- Ensure all commercial activity and contract in place is fully compliance with the Category Management requirement
- Ensure operationalize the contract under RtP rules and process
- Continuously look for opportunities to improve in terms ways of working, E2E process simplification and commercial value
Work with stakeholders within Global Commercial Business across Europe to deliver substantial value by:
- Creating a deeper business partnership within the scope of the role focused to deliver maximum business value
- Developing and executing fit-for-purpose commercial strategies
- Utilize market knowledge and business drivers to develop and execute fit-for-purpose commercial strategies and work plans for Tactical and Operational spend, aligned with CMCP guidelines
- Provide a strong commercial influence with optimizing demand and specifications
- Support Manage the Tail initiatives and rationalize the number of Contracts/Suppliers
- Develop and share best practices and external market dynamics to deliver value
- Identify, develop, and implement Continuous Improvement (CI) opportunities to streamline and improve performance.
- Ensure compliance with all Ethics & Compliance and Shell Control Framework requirements in the CP process
- Deliver end-to-end cost savings impacting RDS bottom line
- HSSE, Tactical & Operational Contract Management, Compliance, E2E operational excellence
- Minimum 4-years professional experience (incl. 2-years in Contracting & Procurement or similar discipline)
- Good understanding of strategic, technical, legal, finance, taxation and commercial issues
- Proven track record of execution excellence & delivering results
- Sound understanding of general Business CP requirements and CP role to contribution to Business bottom line
- Good commercial mindset and business acumen and understanding of procurement
- Ability to make decisions and execute with support of stakeholders
- Proven track record of execution excellence and delivering results
- Well organized and able to manage competing priorities
- Energetic, enthusiastic Team player, and has the passion to the work and eager to learn new things
- Strong CI mindset
- Knowledge of SAP and RtP process is beneficial
- Strong analytical skills and ability to work independently
- Self Motivate and passionate to grow
- German language is required
Find out more
People with disabilities are welcome