DFS is part of the Fluids segment of Dover Corporation (NYSE: DOV). Dover is a diversified global manufacturer with annual revenues of $8 billion. Dover delivers innovative equipment and components, specialty systems and support services through four major operating segments: Energy, Engineered Systems, Fluids, and Refrigeration & Food Equipment. Dover combines global scale with operational agility to lead the markets we serve. Recognized for our entrepreneurial approach for nearly 60 years, our team of over 27,000 employees takes an ownership mindset, collaborating with customers to redefine what’s possible.
Dover is headquartered in Downers Grove, Illinois. www.dovercorp.com
Senior Cloud Engineer
Dover Fueling Solutions is a leading developer and manufacturer of fuel dispensing and c-store site management solutions including payment, forecourt control, point of sale, and cloud-based SaaS fuels retail and fleet solutions. Dover Fueling Solutions SaaS offerings fall within the Global IoT & Data Services group and are enabled by various IoT devices in the field, as well as an IoT hub in the cloud, and provide capabilities such as wet stock management, facilities management, fleet management, media, diagnostics, and analytics, among others. Supported by a project team, the Technical Project Manager is accountable for all aspects of engineering planning, development and project execution for solutions they manage and will perform the combined role of Product Owner and Scrum Master. Position Responsibilities:
- Develop project and resource plans to deliver on solution requirements within budget and on schedule.
- Participate in technical and functional design sessions.
- Either directly or with support, drive solution requirements.
- Strong ability to manage scope and develop to minimum viable product definition.
- Drive and manage schedule and deliverables to meet all major project dates.
- Either directly or with support, manage day-to-day project backlog.
- Either directly or with support, manage day-to-day tasks of project team members.
- Drive tradeoff decisions across engineering, removing roadblocks where necessary.
- Manage and advocate for priorities that are meet market demands for project and solution.
- Manage product launch using established deployment processes.
- Build relationships with stakeholders for the solution and bridge communication between them.
- Manage stakeholder expectations providing transparency into project health with no surprises.
- With input from product management, build solution technical and functional roadmap.
- Takes ownership of end-to-end solution, not just components or projects.
The successful candidate will have/possess:
- Proven leadership, project management and technical skills.
- Solid knowledge of cloud solutions and software-as-a-service offerings.
- Skilled at staffing and resource management.
- Strong understanding of both waterfall and agile project methodologies.
- Demonstrated experience managing risk and driving corrective actions as a part of project delivery.
- Adept at influencing stakeholders and cross-functional teams while achieving successful solution delivery.
- Thorough understanding of the software development lifecycle and product development, in general.
- Customer focused, both internal and external.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Organization, time management, and prioritization skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science and 10 years of software development experience.
- 3 years of cloud product development (not solely web-based) experience (Azure, AWS, Google Cloud).
- 5 years of software as a service development experience.
- 3 years of C# and .NET coding experience using Visual Studio IDE.
- Strong object-oriented and multi-threading programming knowledge.
- Expert knowledge with standard design patterns.
- Expert diagramming solutions (flow, block, logical).
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of Agile (Scrum) methodology.
- Team player and self-starter with minimal supervision.
- Familiar with tools such as VSTS/TFS, MTM, TeamCity, Jira, Bamboo, BitBucket and others.
- Ability to effectively communicate with others, both verbally and in writing.
- Experience with Actor Model design and development.
- Experience with microservices design and development.
- Experience developing in Azure Service Fabric.
- Experience using modern Web UI technologies.
- Experience using DevOps tools for scripting, test automation, build automation, deployments, etc.
- Experience with Azure environment administration.
- Experience in downstream oil & gas and/or retail industries.