DFS is part of the Fluids segment of Dover Corporation (NYSE: DOV). Dover is a diversified global manufacturer with annual revenues of $8 billion. Dover delivers innovative equipment and components, specialty systems and support services through four major operating segments: Energy, Engineered Systems, Fluids, and Refrigeration & Food Equipment. Dover combines global scale with operational agility to lead the markets we serve. Recognized for our entrepreneurial approach for nearly 60 years, our team of over 27,000 employees takes an ownership mindset, collaborating with customers to redefine what’s possible.
Dover is headquartered in Downers Grove, Illinois. www.dovercorp.com
Senior Cloud Engineer
Dover Fueling Solutions, a global leader in fuel dispensing, payment processing and point of sale technology, is seeking an Engineer specializing in Cloud Technologies. The Cloud Engineer will develop data, interface and service architecture capabilities within the company’s SaaS platforms for worldwide customers. In this capacity, you understand the complexities associated with building large scale systems used by thousands of users every day. This job reports to the Manager of Digital Solutions. Position Responsibilities:
- Develop software components using company cloud platform.
- Work with business stakeholders to refine business requirements.
- Analyse business requirements and architect a solution that is robust and scalable.
- Provide technical documentation of solutions.
- Break down architected solution into smaller, achievable tasks.
- Present and communicate solution to both technical and nontechnical stakeholders.
- Debug and provide solutions for complicated issues.
- Participate in demos and code reviews.
- Enforce software best practices, standards and processes.
- Proactively seek ways to incorporate new and creative ideas and methodologies into software development efforts by keeping abreast of current methodologies, technologies and tools.
- Collaborate with payment team members to ensure project success and champion high quality throughout the project.
The successful candidate will have/possess:
- Proven leadership and technical skills
- Superior knowledge of cloud product systems, cloud solutions and software-as-a-service offerings.
- Thorough understanding of the software development cycle, software architecture and product development.
- Effective interpersonal verbal and written communication skills.
- Organization, time management, and prioritization skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science and 10 years of software development experience.
- 3 years of cloud product development (not solely web-based) experience (Azure, AWS, Google Cloud).
- 5 years of software as a service development experience.
- 3 years of C# and .NET coding experience using Visual Studio IDE.
- Strong object-oriented and multi-threading programming knowledge.
- Expert knowledge with standard design patterns.
- Expert diagramming solutions (flow, block, logical).
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of Agile (Scrum) methodology.
- Team player and self-starter with minimal supervision.
- Familiar with tools such as VSTS/TFS, MTM, TeamCity, Jira, Bamboo, BitBucket and others.
- Ability to effectively communicate with others, both verbally and in writing.
- Experience with Actor Model design and development.
- Experience with microservices design and development.
- Experience developing in Azure Service Fabric.
- Experience using modern Web UI technologies.
- Experience using DevOps tools for scripting, test automation, build automation, deployments, etc.
- Experience with Azure environment administration.
- Experience in downstream oil & gas and/or retail industries.