By combining a rich legacy in the power and gas compression space with pioneering technology, INNIO brings our customers affordable, reliable and sustainable energy solutions for today—and tomorrow. We are helping to meet today’s energy needs with 64 GW of installed capacity and 48,000 of our powerful Jenbacher and Waukesha engines, which can be found in more than 100 countries. And, by harnessing our history of energy industry firsts along with the power of digital innovation, we will continue to deliver for the future.
Our facilities in Warsaw are located within the engineering campus of the Polish Institute of Aviation, where we have a dedicated office, advanced materials lab facilities, test rigs and our own high-performance computational cluster (HPC). At our office, you will find all the appropriate tools and environment to develop your engineering career while designing core engine components, analyzing and introducing innovative solutions, helping clients to boost their operational effectiveness or performing material investigations.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, INNIO offers a comprehensive array of international career opportunities and understands that diversity creates excellence. Known for leadership development, we aim to empower individuals to reach their full potential.
It’s time to take engines to a place no one else can.
Welcome to a World of Innovation and Inspiration! Welcome to INNIO!
Senior Country Accountant
Statutory reporting and general
- Oversight and preparation of compliant stat & tax closing; preparation and filing of statutory financial statements
- Oversight and preparation of the reconciliation between local statutory accounting rules and group accounting policies (S2G) and/or vice versa (G2S) as required
- Key contact for local statutory auditor ensuring filing deadlines met locally, support in audit fee negotiation and ensuring group reporting requirements met
- Responsible for other statutory reporting requirements (e.g. to local statistical office; reporting to local national bank)
- Support specific deal related matters in ITO/OTR stage (invoicing, importation, customs duty, VAT, WHT, CIT, payroll) in the specified countries on an as needed basis
- Prepare income tax provisions and calculations, tax returns, tax payments, return to accrual calculations, deferred tax calculations and account reconciliations
- Prepare annual return to accrual (RTA) analysis. Examine and evaluate deferred tax and current tax payable balances after journal entries are posted to ensure balances are supported
- Feed country specific information to the tax reporting tools; identify temporary and permanent differences and keep the tax reporting tool up-to-date
- Preparation of tax calculation (Complete S2T walk and supporting documentation)
- Main point of contact for local tax authority, support Income tax audits, and any other WHT related issues
- Calculate monthly/quarterly/annual tax payments due (incl. review tax payment calculation and remittance payment to tax authority)
- Perform data collection, analysis and validation of transaction data, including adjustments as necessary
- Consolidate VAT/GST returns in respect of VAT/GST groups and Company Code registrations as appropriate and where required
- Submit VAT/GST returns to the local tax authority and arrange for payment/reclaim request
- Manage retention of VAT/GST documentation
- Main point of contact with local tax authority; supporting local tax audits
- Bachelor's/Master's degree in accounting, economics or tax
- Certified Accountant / ACCA or similar professional certificate
- Multi years of experience specifically in the accounting and tax (CIT, VAT) area at a multinational/manufacturing/consulting company
- Multi-GAAP accounting (e.g. IFRS and local GAAP) experience
- Good level of analytical skills, numeracy and financial awareness
- Fluent English language knowledge is a must
- Highly organised with demonstrated ability to meet commitments within strict deadlines
- Has a deep understanding of how operational processes link to the financial statements.
- Understands the interdependencies of key financial metrics / ratios.
- Able to re-prioritize / re-organize to work through roadblocks.
- Is comfortable to execute through uncertainty
- Embrace change in response to new information and in different or unexpected circumstances
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Computer Literacy: MS Office, particularly Excel, and an ERP system
- Flexible approach with a strong team spirit
- Effective interpersonal & communication skills and highly professional style when dealing with auditors
- Compliance & controllership mindset
- Certified Tax advisor / Steuerberater