- Ogłoszenie wygasło 12 dni temu
- Rekrutacja zdalna
- Praca zdalna
- Pełny etat
- Specjalista (Mid / Regular)
In this role, you have the opportunity to develop within Services Marketing Operations & Planning and provide operational support to our healthcare customers by ensuring smooth managing and delivery of the Cybersafe upgrades.
We are open to 100% remote work.
You will be responsible for:
- Leading the end–to–end Cybersafe Program Office;
- Taking full responsibility for upgrade systems delivery program and making sure that upgrades are delivered to the customers and systems are updated from windows 7 to windows 10;
- Setting requirements, designing and developing an organization that is to deliver designed services offering, able to use the enabling software, hardware, detailed process (as developed by Services Architect swim lane), to ensure the customer experiences our services offering interactions as designed by the swimlane “services interaction design” (currently called “de designers”) in PDLM Services;
- Delivering the translation of an upgrade services blueprint, related detailed upgrade services delivery (end-to-end from early customer engagement to end of services upgrade lifecycle) processes, into organizational designs and scaling–up approaches;
- Coordinating all the businesses and clusters that the upgrades will be delivered;
- Interacting with teams within Philips working on customers services delivery to ensure a seamless customer experience;
- Defining best practices inside Philips and in the marketplace.
You are a part of:
Our Global Business Services EMEA Hub in Lodz where we centralize our business processes. Our focus is on supporting faster workflows and collaboration across departments, to enable leaner operations and improved results. 1000+ strong and growing, our Global Business Services EMEA Hub in Lodz teams speak 30 languages and represent 13 different nationalities, supporting our operations in 50 countries supported on a daily basis.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
- Master's degree;
- Fluent English;
- Min. 8-10 years of relevant experience (experience in making sure that systems get upgraded);
- End-to-End overview on delivering upgrades, and making progress on it;
- Project management skills (Lean and/or Agile approach);
- Tools/processes/systems savviness;
- Ability to see things high-level and also understand the details;
- Problem solving mindset with ability to identify improvement opportunities;
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills;
- Strong stakeholder management skills in a matrix environment.
In return, we offer you:
The unique combination of a critical and challenging role and a creative and empowering office environment. You will be actively encouraged to make improvements, establish best in class service and have a direct impact on the success of Philips on a daily basis.
- Annual bonus based on performance achieved;
- Private medical care with option to extend it to family members;
- Benefit System cards;
- Discount for Philips’ products;
- Language courses;
- Relocation package applicable for people moving in from outside of Łódź region;
- Wide variety of trainings & learning opportunities, including language upskill;
- Promotion of healthy lifestyle in the office (fruits twice / week in the office, gym, massage chairs, various events).
Why should you join Philips?
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips, watch this video, visit our career website, or discover life at Philips on Instagram. You can also learn more about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
We kindly inform you that we will contact only chosen candidates.