State Street Corporation: Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It’s also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
At the moment we are looking for candidates for
Senior Depositary Analyst, Associate 2
to join the insource organization supporting the State Street EMEA
Why State Street Bank Poland?
Operating in Europe since 1970 State Street services clients in multiple locations. State Street Bank Poland was first established in 2007 in Kraków. Today State Street Bank Poland employs over 2500 staff members at three sites across the city and will now open a new office in Gdańsk. This will offer multiple opportunities to gain experience in diverse areas of the investment fund cycle as our Poland branch provides investment fund accounting and related services to clients of multiple State Street locations and business units across Europe. We offer positions in a challenging, rapidly changing and international environment. State Street offers a significant scope for personal growth and career progression. Throughout your career at State Street you will be provided with a wide range of training opportunities and internal mobility options as well as individual development plans, attractive benefits (including Employee Savings Plan) and an excellent remuneration package. The continuous development of our employees from day one is critical as we continually seek to develop and expand the local management team and create future leaders from within.
Purpose of Role:
The Senior Depositary Analyst is responsible for analyzing the content and monitoring the quality on a wide spectrum of depositary control functions, namely cash-flow monitoring, safekeeping of assets and general oversight functions.
- Review cash monitoring work conducted by the Depositary Analyst (significant cash flows, full cash flows reconciliation).
- Review safekeeping of assets work conducted by the Depositary Analyst (custody, asset ownership verification and registration).
- Perform oversight checks on valuation and safekeeping of units work conducted by the Depositary Analyst (subscriptions and redemptions oversight).
- Reconciliations: analyze the output of the reconciliations for specific instruments such as OTC Derivatives, ETD, cash, stock, etc.; make a risk assessment to identify risky items that require to be investigated further and that require escalation.
- NAV calculation: review procedures in place to calculate the NAV and understand the drivers of the NAV calculation, review income distribution calculations; ensure that the receivable and payable accounts linked to shareholder activity are in good order
- Trade settlement, income and cash: risk assessment of trades, cash and income not timely settled/received.
- Investment Restriction Compliance: identify breaches and check if escalation is required.
- Transfer Agency: understand the risk items linked to the transfer agency activity and review the output of the reconciliation of the collection account.
- Due diligence: collecting and reviewing due diligence questionnaires for clients, transfer agencies.
- Document collection: understand the legal documents linked to the activity of a mutual fund: ISDA, CSA, due diligence questionnaires.
- Collaborates with the Review Team on an ongoing basis
- Assists where required in preparing daily deliverable and reviews reports prepared by team.
- Controls the quality of the prepared work.
- Complete the reviewers’ checklist when required in accordance with procedures.
- Stays objective and protects the investor`s interest at all times.
- Performs special projects and other tasks as assigned by the Team Supervisor.
- Involvement in the training and development of other team members as necessary.
- Assists Team Supervisor in the organization of the Team and in ensuring that departmental procedures and controls are adhered to.
- Assists Team Supervisor in implementing new procedures and controls.
NON - TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES
- Provides timely and professional responses to all enquiries.
- Keeps Team Supervisor, informed as to the daily work progress and status of requests.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with internal clients and colleagues.
- Demonstrates good time organizational skills in order to meet deadlines.
- Adheres to clean desk policy and record keeping.
- Ensure that daily work load is allocated appropriately.
Training and Personal Development
- Provides direction and training to staff in the course of their day-to-day work, Trains less experienced staff in fund and bank procedures and processes, and provides guidance and an adequate source of help for questions.
- Actively participates in the development of new hires in the team. Supports and guides them in the knowledge of all technical aspects of the work, as well as in their work organization.
- Identify training needs within the team and ensure that those needs are met.
- Take responsibility for personal development and training
Specific Qualifications / Skills:
- Numeracy / Literacy skills.
- Good organizational skills in order to meet deadlines and keep well-documented records.
- The ability to understand complex investment fund structures and to identify the risks inherent in those structures.
- A thorough understanding of fund administration is required.
- Experience in finance, custody or funds would be an advantage.
- Excellent English.
- PC literate and competent in use of spreadsheets and word processing.
Critical Behaviors for Success as defined:
- Takes Ownership and Initiative
- Ensures accuracy and quality
- Provides outstanding service
- Communicates Effectively
- Displays Insight & Influence
- Fosters Collaboration and Teamwork
Previous Level of Experience:
- 1+ years experience in finance, custody or funds fund administration would be recommended
- Challenging and clear career path
- 6 weeks training in UK, Ireland or Luxembourg
- Work in stimulating international environment
- Wide range of competitive benefits
- Comprehensive training and career development program
- Wide scale Corporate Social Responsibility program
- Regularly run integration events and initiatives
Got a question? Visit our Facebook profile and leave us a message. www.facebook.com/StateStreetCorp