Herbalife is a global nutrition company that has helped people pursue a healthy, active life since 1980. Our nutrition, weight-management and personal care products are available exclusively to and through dedicated independent Members in more than 90 countries. Herbalife is a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: HLF) with more than 7,800 employees and millions of customers. The company reported net sales of $4.5 billion in 2015. Our company offers a culture focused on your career to help you expand your talents and a chance to change lives. For over 35 years, we've known that good nutrition leads to a better life. If you're ready to help us on our mission for nutrition, we want to hear from you today.
Senior Development Operations Engineer
Herbalife Nutrition GBSC Krakow
The Sr. Development Operations Engineer will be part of a global team of Development Operations Engineers. Core responsibilities include maintaining our applications’ architecture across our global hybrid on Prem/Cloud platforms, supporting complex 0 down time releases and proactively managing our applications and infrastructure to avoid impact to customers and business users. Scope of our various application infrastructure span Microsoft specific technologies such as .Net and SQL Server, as well as Open source technologies such as nomad, consul, kong , docker, redis, and mongodb, hosted in 12 regional data centers geographically distributed around the world managed by the Member Technology Strategy Operations team and other internal Infrastructure teams with platforms On Premises as well as on cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure, Amazon EC2, and Heroku.
Enterprise Production Support:
- Act as first responder to address all critical high severity issues troubleshooting and working with other teams resolving system issues as part of a 24x7 support/On-Call rotation.
- Weekend on-call rotation
- Triage incoming incident & problem tickets to proper teams
- Manage and maintain documentation related to Incident Control Plan Execution as well as systems architecture, design and various other operational runbooks as required.
- Prioritize and execute regular maintenance and other operations activities
- Maintain and manage security processes for our owned infrastructure and applications ensuring compliance with Herbalife’s internal compliance requirements, SOX, and PCI.
Release Automation/Continuous Delivery:
- Design and manage DevOps automation via tools such as PowerShell and Chef, for multiple functions including orchestrated cloud provisioning, configuration management, patching, and backups.
- Coordinate application releases within the Member Technology Strategy department and facilitate coordination with external teams such as infrastructure and Enterprise Applications as necessary.
- Direct pre and post release preparations and validations
- Architect Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) build processes for code deployments via tools such as TeamCity, Team Foundation Server (TFS), GoCD, Visual Studio Online, Hudson, and Bamboo
SDLC/ALM Process and Tools Administration:
- Support Team Foundation Server (TFS), Jira, and other deployment tool sets.
- Pursue and manage enhancements in the tools.
- Cloud Architecture and Operations
- Azure Powershell Scripting, DSC, IaaS and PaaS solutions. Azure ARM Templates, Ansible, Terraform.
- Recommend and facilitate implementation of infrastructure and architecture enhancements as required to maintain high availability and optimal system performance in response to business growth.
- Work with internal network team (for On Prem) or on Cloud platforms, be able to configure load balancers, firewalls, virtual networks, affinity groups, and geo-replication
- Design and configure monitoring solutions and perform analysis of operational metrics for both system and application tiers
- Conduct and participate in proactive reviews and audits of production systems
- Identify requirements and oversee implementation of monitors and escalation procedures
- Strong Windows or Linux system administration
- Demonstrated cloud computing experience supporting Windows or Linux systems on Microsoft Azure, AWS or Google Cloud.
- Experience with complex highly available web application tiers including design and administration.
- Exposure to DevOps practices, including automation, configuration management, and release management and engineering
- Experience administering IIS and Apache web servers
- Experience with application health monitoring, tuning, and troubleshooting
- Strong knowledge of scripting
- Experience with system and application monitoring tools (e.g., System Center, Azure monitoring, SPLUNK, Sitescope)
- Experience with configuration management automation tools (e.g., Chef, Puppet, Desired State, Service Now)
- Experience with structured and unstructured data
- Experience with SQL and/or NoSQL Databases (MySQL,Postgres,SQL Server, MongoDB, Redis, Neo4J)
- Experience with HTML, TCP/IP, .NET, Java, Ruby, SQL
- Proficiency of Source Code Management best practices
- In-depth hands on knowledge and experience with management of large scale global E-Commerce solutions
- Strong desire for Continual Service Improvement.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience analyzing data, evaluating trends, and identifying areas for improvement.
- Familiar with Project/Program Management concepts and SDLC, especially Agile methodologies.
- Experience writing policy and procedure documentation.
- Ability to coordinate activities required by internal and external teams
- Ability to facilitate, lead and plan meetings
- Must be highly organized
- Must be detail oriented
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced ever changing environment and adapt to organizational changes
- Strong customer service skills and results oriented
- Strong interpersonal skills and conflict resolution skills.
- Achieves results under limited direction
- Team player and effectively able to communicate with management and staff.
- 5 year’s total demonstrated experience in the Information Technology industry.
- At least 2 year’s demonstrated experience as a DevOps engineer, Server Operations engineer, or Application Developer
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Participation in interesting and challenging projects in global structures.
- A unique opportunity to professional growth and personal development within international environment.
- Attractive salary, bonuses and benefits package including Luxmed VIP medical package, Multisport Card, private insurance, entertainment events and many others.
- Good atmosphere at work and comfortable working environment with Herbalife food, drinks and game corner.
- No dress code.
- Flexible working hours.
- Chance to share your ideas and continuously improve our processes.
- Opportunity to build up your expertise through coaching, soft skills and training sessions.