sharing the costs of professional training & courses
WrocławWrocław, Lower Silesia
- Offer expired 22 days ago
- contract of employment
- senior specialist (Senior)
We are looking for an experienced Senior Engineer to join us in driving continual improvements to QIAGEN systems during the post launch lifecycle phase via changes or upgrades to hardware and electronics of the instrument. The ideal candidate would be able to support complex systems, including PCR, nucleic acid purification and liquid handling, and also be willing to work closely with the on-site Software Technology Center, as well as develop additional skillsets in molecular biology, in order to have maximum positive impact on the full systems.
Your responsibility will be:
- To provide a strong technical skillset (optical, fluidic, mechanical) required to lead and coordinate improvements to complex systems. Developing a strong understanding of the systems to better project future outcomes
- Working with cross-functional teams to identify and prioritize design improvements based on information supplied from customers, field service, technical support or research & development.
- The initiation and monitoring of improvement measures regarding the system and manufacturing processes along with the reviewing of non- conformities, customer complaints and processing of product changes.
- Liaising with our international manufacturers and interdisciplinary teams to ensure production manufacturing standards are maintained.
- Planning, organizing and preparing technical documents to ensure compliance, budgetary and project objectives are met for the life cycle of the instrument, including regulatory requirements for medical devices
- Working with instrument investigation, verification and technical root cause analysis; engineering activities linked to the life cycle management of an instrument platform.
Education in Mechanical, Electrical or Instrumentation Engineering (BSc) as a minimum; preferably with sufficient technical knowledge to link optical, fluidic and mechanical skillsets.
5+ years’ experience with complex electromechanical equipment in regulated medium to high volume market (in the field of digital PCR testing, DNA/RNA extraction).
Experience in manufacturing/assembly/testing/service related tasks with aptitude for metrology and mechatronics; preferably working in interdisciplinary and international teams.
Knowledge of quality methods such as CAPA, cGMP, FMEA, ISO would be beneficial.
Experience with product development and/or life cycle management in a regulated environment (Design Control according to European and U.S./FDA guidelines would be a plus).
Knowledge of Solid Works (or other equivalent CAD package).
Advanced oral and written English language skills.
Strong data analysis and interpretation skills.
Strong troubleshooting skills, experience with troubleshooting systems desirable.
Proven organizational skills, self-motivated and attention to detail.
Strong co-ordination and communication skills.
A willingness to travel to manufacturing/partner sites internationally.
Planning and problem-solving skills.
Able to work independently and as part of a team.
Flexible attitude to work.
Enjoy work in interdisciplinary and internationally connected teams.
What we offer
Possibility to develop in an international company
Training and development programs
Private medical care
Group Life Insurance
Flexible benefits platform
Pension Scheme (PPE) after 12 months
Happy Monday :)
Casual dress code
Attractive location (Sky Tower)
no dress code
QIAGEN BUSINESS SERVICES
At the heart of QIAGEN’s business is a vision to make improvements in life possible.
We are on an exciting mission to make a real difference in science and healthcare. We are still the entrepreneurial company we started out as and have today achieved a size where we can bring our full power to many initiatives and to our presence across the globe.
Our most valuable asset are our employees – more than 5000 in over 35 locations around the world. Our ambition is to ensure we have outstanding and passionate people working in the best teams and we are constantly looking for new talent to join us.
There are few players who have shaped the world of modern science and healthcare as much as QIAGEN, and we have only just started.
If you are looking to advance your career, are seeking new challenges and opportunities, enjoy working in dynamic and international, diverse teams and want to make a real impact on people’s lives, then QIAGEN is where you need to be.
If this interdisciplinary challenge appeals to you, you can expect a highly motivated team that is looking forward to your support!
Please apply online, quoting the reference number, with your complete application documents in English as well as your earliest starting date and salary expectations.
We look forward to hearing from you!