At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you'd like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history.
Senior Financial Analyst (m/f) Luxembourg
The Global Logistics Finance team is seeking a high performing Senior Financial Analyst to partner with Amazon Glogal Logistics focusing on inbound (Retail Imports and FBA Imports) to EU. This team works with senior finance and business leaders supporting the overall financial vision, strategy and forecasting process for the Global Logistics business. This individual should have a passion for and prior experience with developing strategic relationships with business partners.
- BA/BS Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Engineering and/or similar discipline with analytical bias
- 3+ years’ relevant experience in positions that require analysis, reporting financial results, forecasting, budgeting, variance analysis, and data interpretation of business impact and results
- 2+ years’ experience performing financial and ad hoc analysis using data reporting tools
- 2+ years’ experience with Excel advanced functions (macros, index, conditional list, arrays, pivots, lookups)
- General understanding of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- MBA preferred
- Advanced analytical skills and an ability to work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment; work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations
- Demonstrated ability to build and manage complex financial models for business forecasting, variance analysis, and problem solving
- Retail or Operations finance experience
- Proficient writing SQL
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Amazon takes your personal data protection seriously and respects EU and local data protection laws. Unless you express otherwise, by submitting your CV you authorize the hiring Amazon company to store your personal data in the electronic database maintained by Amazon Corporate LLC. in the USA or one of its affiliates for the purpose of assessing your suitability for this and future job vacancies and to pursue your recruiting process.
If at any time you want your personal data to be deleted, you simply need to notify the hiring Amazon company. Amazon will not share your personal data with any third party without your prior consent. As part of your interview process with Amazon you may be asked to authorize the hiring Amazon company to separately verify your application data and personal background through a third party service provider.
- Standardize financial report pack (weekly, monthly, and quarterly) with variance analysis on both FulCPU and unit cost per transportation volume driver
- Manage the financial planning effort, forecasting various metrics for financial risks and opportunities
- Develop business analysis and present recommendations to senior management on strategic decisions
- Provide financial modeling to support product and service capability development as well as ongoing cost improvement initiatives
- Take initiatives to improve visibilities of unplanned charges
- Act as the Finance POC for AGL work stream on Amazon marketplace expansion and GIFT FBA expansion in Europe