Royal Dutch Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies, operating in over 80 countries and territories and employing more than 90,000 people. Our core values of Honesty, Integrity and Respect for People define who we are and how we work. Royal Dutch Shell has developed a global network of Shell Business Operations to provide first-class services to Shell companies across the world.
Shell Business Operations (SBO) Krakow sits at the centre of Shell’s global businesses, providing an operational backbone to our essential business functions. Working in a vibrant community with strong values and a supportive culture, an SBO-Krakow job will offer the chance to build a lasting and meaningful career. As one of seven Business Operations centres, located worldwide, a job in Krakow will give you the chance to interact and work with people across the world, helping to deliver excellent support to business clients and internal stakeholders as well as advanced financial operations.
Shell is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, LGBT Equality and Individuals with Disabilities.
Thanks to cooperation with Shell you gain:
- Meaningful work in a company that is universally respected as a truly global energy leader (one of the world’s biggest companies according to Fortune Global 500)
- Good atmosphere at work and comfortable working environment: own canteen and a few relax rooms
- Attractive salary package and yearly bonuses
- Complex medical care and individual life insurance
- Sport programmes and facilities e.g. Multisport Card, vouchers for free time activities
- Bonus for referring your friend to work
Join Shell Business Operations and start something remarkable!
Senior Financial Controls Advisor
Miejsce pracy: Kraków
In this role, you will manage and own the assurance process on financial controls (FC) for two Lines of Business (LoBs) within the Upstream division of Shell.
The Upstream FC Advisor will play a pivotal role in supporting specific Lines of Business (LoB) such as Deepwater and Unconventionals, Joint Ventures, Operated or Exploration and the Countries within it; driving the efficiency and effectiveness of its financial control framework. The candidate will play a key role in nurturing the Upstream FC community within Finance Operations (FO), key stakeholders within the Countries and the relevant community within the LoBs.
The incumbent will develop a thorough knowledge of the Upstream Business and will have regular interactions with key stakeholders (including Business VPs & EVPs). Significant emphasis is placed on personal development within the team and the incumbent will be encouraged and coached to focus on this area, both functionally and individually.
The Upstream FC Advisor will be a key point of contact between FO Process areas, the FO Upstream FC team and the Business. Responsibilities are to manage the FC agenda for the LoBs in scope, manage the day to day financial controls related matters and to respond pro-actively to Business needs from a financial risk & control perspective.
- Manage and deliver the annual Risk and Control Identification (RCI) process for the LoBs in scope through ensuring effective communication, engagement and collaboration between relevant parties (e.g. Business & FO Process areas).
- Provide LoB input into the annual test plan and oversee risk based control effectiveness testing, ensuring, where relevant, detailed root cause analysis and remediation are undertaken to ensure ongoing control effectiveness, ensuring timely reporting and communication with relevant parties.
- Track and ensure the execution of the overall Upstream annual test plan.
- Develop strong relationships with the local Controllers/Finance VPs and Finance EVP to ensure a deep understanding of the risk environment and its mitigation and the effective operational control performance within the LoBs.
- Maintain oversight of all financial control aspects, both within FO and remaining in the LoBs/Countries.
- Proactively identify and drive improvement opportunities in and rationalisation opportunities of the financial control framework in the LoBs/Countries, working with FO teams and the Business to understand consequences of proposed opportunities and/or control changes within the LoBs/Countries to ensure the financial control framework overall remains fit for purpose.
- Manage and deliver the quarterly SOX reporting process for the LoBs in scope through liaising with relevant FO teams to ensure effective coordination of test plans, communication and coordination of relevant reporting (e.g. around control deficiencies).
- Liaise with internal and external audit teams on any FC related matters impacting the LoBs in scope.
- Enhance understanding of and involvement within the Upstream Business and LoBs through activities such as Control Self Assessments (CSA).
- Contribute to projects, initiatives and activities related to Upstream and in-scope LoBs business improvement.
- Assist in and own day to day Financial Control related matters relating to the in-scope LoBs and its Countries.
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) & FC accountability for designated functional areas and projects, on behalf of the wider team and as an enabler to personal development.
- Act as the escalation point for any Control Owner Confirmation (CoC) or other Management in Control (MiC) matters in the financial controls space. Escalate business control issues via the business facing Governance Risk and Assurance (GRA) organization in FO.
- Drive and embed a risk-based mindset in the Business and within FO.
- Reports to the Upstream FC Lead
- Number of Key financial controls in scope: 390 (incl. 31 SOX controls)
- The successful candidate will ideally be a professionally qualified Accountant or qualified by experience who has a range of experience in either the internal audit or risk and controls arena.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (English written and spoken) and ability to influence are a requirement.
- A strong performance track record and high potential are desired.
- Knowledge of risk management, SOX, COSO etc will be advantageous.
- Understanding of the Upstream business drivers, needs and related risk and ability to interpret the relevant management information is an advantage.
- Affinity with IT applications & controls/governance, including knowledge of SAP, will be considered an advantage.
- Management of own deliverables will require the ability to prioritize and balance workloads along with strong time management skills.
- Passion for operational excellence and CI
- Other desired trades and skills: professional scepticism, lateral thinking, analytically skilled, independent, result oriented, fast paced, resourceful, proactivity and the ability to manage change.
In this position, a strong emphasis is placed on learning and development. Critical characteristics are an analytical mind, eagerness to learn and the ability to effectively work together across organizational boundaries, functional areas and levels of seniority. It is expected that after having performed this role effectively for a number of years, further growth and development in the team or function will follow.
Find out more
People with disabilities are welcome