Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is a privately-held financial institution and has been a thought leader and solutions provider for almost 200 years. We serve the most sophisticated individuals and institutions with award-winning expertise in Investment Management, Private Banking, and Investor Services. Our 5,000 colleagues operate from 18 cities throughout North America, Europe and Asia.
BBH is committed to diversity, innovation and globalization. Our culture is driven by our goal to provide the best solutions and services to our clients and each other. Our Partnership structure creates a flat organization that promotes collaboration across all business lines. We believe that diverse ideas and the ability to come together globally across groups and borders are a competitive advantage. In order for all our teams to excel, members must trust each other and feel comfortable providing honest input from all perspectives.
This openness sparks innovation and agility, which adds to the entrepreneurial spirit and provides many more career opportunities for our staff. We are a group of high-performing, dedicated and caring professionals who believe that working together is the foundation for superior client service excellence.
As a BBH professional, your career path is yours to define. We take pride in our ability to retain our best employees. We help them manage their careers by moving top performers to new areas of BBH where their talents will make the greatest contribution. As soon as you walk through the doors at BBH, we provide you with the tools to help you succeed and grow your career.
Senior Financial Reporting Team Leader
Miejsce pracy: Kraków
Job ID: 33582
At Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or small for any of us to handle if it helps our clients. We value passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens and steps outside their role to add value wherever they can. Someone who is driven to get things done and views obstacles as an exciting challenge, that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and motivated by their role in protecting and enhancing our client’s financial well-being. If you are looking for an entrepreneurial environment where you can learn and thrive, Brown Brothers Harriman is the right place for you.
Join us as a Senior Financial Reporting Team Leader
As the Senior Financial Reporting Team Leader you will be responsible for managing the day-to-day provision of financial reporting services of the Financial Reporting Department. Working closely with the Financial Reporting Manager, the Team Leader will allocate tasks and workload to the Financial Reporting Supervisors to ensure the timely and high-quality preparation of statutory annual and semi-annual financial statements for investment funds registered in Ireland, Luxembourg, United States and Cayman Islands.
Some of your key responsibilities include:
- Day to day management of preparation of annual and semi-annual financial statements of the investment funds under different accounting standards (Irish GAAP, IFRS, Luxembourg GAAP, US GAAP), undertaking primary responsibility for the provision of financial reporting services to his/her allocated clients.
- Ensuring a high degree of accuracy and quality in department output and ensuring all work is meeting and exceeding client expectations.
- Responsibility for communications to regulators, compliance and internal and external audit.
- Acting as primary escalation point for clients’ and auditors’ queries.
- Communicating with clients on a regular basis, acting as a key client contact, ensuring timely and accurate responses to any client queries.
- Primary responsibility for coaching and developing his/her reporting team members and providing appropriate feedback via monthly one-to-one meetings and the firm’s performance appraisal process in order to assist staff in achieving their goals.
- Managing projects within Financial Reporting Department including standardization and workload optimization to improve the efficiency, quality and accuracy of deliverables.
- Maintaining a strong familiarity with applicable laws, regulations and interpretations governing financial statements and disclosure, updating and communicating with clients the impact of such changes in advance of their financial statements.
- Continuous reviewing department procedures to ensure they are current complete and reflect best practice.
- Keeping team members informed of new industry developments relating to changes in financial reporting disclosure requirements and ensuring effective implementation of such changes within departmental procedures.
- Primary degree in accounting/finance related discipline.
- 7 years experience in financial reporting, accountancy or audit with prior direct responsibility for staff.
- ACCA in progress or completed will be an asset.
- Excellent knowledge of accounting standards (US GAAP, IFRS).
- Professional accountancy qualification will be an asset (qualified or part qualified).
- Highly organized, detail oriented with strong reviewing skills and a high degree of accuracy, continuously seeking learning opportunities and striving to achieve the highest level of professional success.
- Ability to work as part of a team in a potentially high pressure, client-driven environment.
- Fostering Team Spirit, creating an atmosphere of cooperation and common goal achievement by contributing and encouraging others.
- Strong focus on mentoring and coaching team members.
- Creativity in developing solutions to meet client and control requirements.
- Strong focus on implementation of and adherence to internal controls.
- Must possess strong reviewing skills.
- Delegate effectively by clearly communication objectives, standards, responsibilities and milestones, holding individuals and teams accountable for achieving results.
- Proven ability to manage and complete a variety of projects simultaneously.
- Excellent oral, written communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate at all levels.
What We Offer:
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can.
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world.
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself—without leaving the firm.
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective.
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind.
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage.
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others.