The first automated vehicle to drive coast to coast? That was Aptiv. The first gesture control system for premium cars? That’s us as well. We’re a tech company with automotive roots, working behind the scenes in Silicon Valley for the likes of Apple, Google, Tesla and Mobileye. A huge part of this work has been done in Krakow Technical Center by our engineers. Today, our mission is to shape the world with a significantly reduced number of road accidents, fatalities and injuries.
Join us as:
Senior Function Owner - Autonomous Driving
We are currently looking for an Automated Driving Systems Function Owner to work in our Krakow, Poland location. The successful candidate will be at the forefront of the latest technological advances that will transform mobility toward the future. We are looking for someone experienced in systems thinking and passionate about the future of mobility. You are a self-starter that is able to resolve ambiguity and provide focus across multiple domains of expertise.
- Specify, design, and test systems using a variety of development methods
- Own feature functions on system level like traffic jam pilot or included subfunctions like perception, localization or threat assessment
- Understand and document requirements using a requirements management tool.
- Allocate and expand requirements into actionable system requirements for algorithm/ software discipline
- Document system or subsystem architecture in an unambiguous, clear and understandable way.
- Design and perform vehicle tests to verify system performance and robustness
- Design and perform system calibration methods
- Follow defined system development and documentation steps.
- Support regional customer discussions.
- Masters of Science degree in Engineering or equivalent
- 5+ years professional experience in Consumer Electronics or Automotive Industry including customer interaction
- Excellent skills in English
Desirable qualifications (nice-to-have):
- Experience with ADAS systems like ACC
- Track record of writing good requirements that others can successfully implement
- Able to anticipate customer requirements, even if not stated in customer documentation.
- Hands-on approach: Helps out wherever the team needs help, does whatever is necessary to meet customer deliverables.
- Excellent communication skills. Can write precise technical requirements that are easy to understand for other engineers. Good understanding of all engineering disciplines. Can explain a complex technical system in simple terms.
- Positive attitude. Glass is always half full, never half empty
- Self- motivated: Thrives on bringing structure to a highly unstructured task. Ability to set the technical direction and guide a team towards it long before others can.
- Beneficial Skills and Experience:
- Model-based system development
- Simulation and modeling of dynamic systems (eg: CarSim, CarMaker)
- dSPACE Micro Autobox experience
- Functional Safety (ISO 26262)
- Embedded software, C Programming
- Previous Experience with airbag, brake control, engine/powertrain control, steering control, ADAS.
Join us to:
- Work in one of the biggest R&D automotive centers in Europe
- See effects of your work in showrooms of almost every car seller
- Learn new technologies thanks to the collaboration with our customers’ technical centers
- Get a list of benefits such as private health care, trainings, sport activities, etc.