Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is a privately-held financial institution and has been a thought leader and solutions provider for almost 200 years. We serve the most sophisticated individuals and institutions with award-winning expertise in Investment Management, Private Banking, and Investor Services. Our 5,000 colleagues operate from 17 cities throughout North America, Europe and Asia..
BBH is committed to diversity, innovation and globalization. Our culture is driven by our goal to provide the best solutions and services to our clients and each other. Our Partnership structure creates a flat organization that promotes collaboration across all business lines. We believe that diverse ideas and the ability to come together globally across groups and borders are a competitive advantage. In order for all our teams to excel, members must trust each other and feel comfortable providing honest input from all perspectives.
This openness sparks innovation and agility, which adds to the entrepreneurial spirit and provides many more career opportunities for our staff. We are a group of high-performing, dedicated and caring professionals who believe that working together is the foundation for superior client service excellence.
As a BBH professional, your career path is yours to define. We take pride in our ability to retain our best employees. We help them manage their careers by moving top performers to new areas of BBH where their talents will make the greatest contribution. As soon as you walk through the doors at BBH, we provide you with the tools to help you succeed and grow your career.
Senior Fund Accountant
Miejsce pracy: Kraków
Job ID: 34205
At Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or small for any of us to handle if it helps our clients. We value passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens and steps outside their role to add value wherever they can. Someone who is driven to get things done and views obstacles as an exciting challenge, that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and motivated by their role in protecting and enhancing our client’s financial well-being.
If you are looking for an entrepreneurial environment where you can learn and thrive, Brown Brothers Harriman is the right place for you.
Join us as a Senior Financial Reporting Accountant
Brown Brothers Harriman is currently recruiting Senior Financial Reporting Accountant to join our Financial Reporting Team. In this role you will prepare annual and semi-annual financial statements for investment funds registered in Ireland, Luxembourg, United States and Cayman Islands under different accounting standards (Irish GAAP, IFRS, Luxembourg GAAP, US GAAP). You will be playing a key role in the training and development of new team members, communicating directly with clients on a regular basis as well as liaising with fund auditors and coordinating the supply of information and responses to queries.
Some of your key responsibilities include:
- Processing as necessary based on team workloads.
- Ensure daily output standards for both quality and timeliness are met.
- Manage daily production reporting.
- Monitor and assist in the resolution of issues. Follow up on open inquiries.
- Interact with other BBH departments on resolution of issues.
- Review and verify work of team members. Approve/provide sign off of a team member’s work.
- Provide training, in coordination with the Supervisor, for the development of team members.
- Gain efficiencies to improve individual productivity.
- Manage multiple tasks and/or projects efficiently despite resource and time constraints.
- B/BA degree or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 2 years of fund accounting, custody, securities processing or other industry experience.
- Demonstrated Microsoft Office skills.
- Research, analysis and problem resolution skills.
- Organizational skills and detail-oriented.
- Ability to manage time efficiently and effectively, meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Ability to work in a team environment, communicate professionally through effective verbal and written skills.
- Ability to work on Polish Holidays.
- Ability to work overtime as necessary.
What We Offer:
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can.
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world.
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself—without leaving the firm.
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective.
- High-quality benefits program emphasizinggood health, financial security, and peace of mind.
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others.