sharing the costs of sports activities
- Wspólna 47/49, WarszawaWarszawa, Masovian
- Valid for 5 daysuntil: 13 May 2021
- Remote recruitment
- Remote work
- contract of employment
- senior specialist (Senior)
To meet our growing business needs and future development aspirations we currently have an opportunity for a Senior Hydrogeologist / geo-environmental Scientist to join our Water and Environment team in Krakow, as we increase the capability of our team based there. The successful person will become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and international opportunities. The role will require rounded knowledge and practice of all fields of hydrogeology and geo-environmental (land contamination assessment), in particular, but not limited to, dewatering / engineering assessments, phase 1 and phase 2 contamination risk assessments and groundwater risk assessments, groundwater resource assessments and support to design development for infrastructure projects or engineered remediation solutions.
Whilst the main focus of the role will be to provide technical support to the existing hydrogeology and geo-environmental (land quality) teams based in the UK, the role will also require helping grow and develop a team in Krakow, as we seek to expand our geo-data assessment and modelling capabilities. Accordingly, the successful candidate with have good experience and expertise in team-building, management and mentoring.
Responsibilities will include:
• Autonomously completing a range of hydrogeology and geo-environmental deliverables as outlined above
• Providing specialist hydrogeological and geo-environmental support to other technical disciplines within Jacobs, including for geotechnical, engineering and flooding.
• Authoring complex assessments / reports.
• Report checking and review.
• Good budget and programme keeping skills.
• Team leadership and mentoring skills.
• A minimum of a good honours degree in earth sciences and a master’s degree or doctorate in hydrogeology (or similar) plus around 10 years’ of relevant experience in the industry.
• Proficient in qualitative and quantitative hydrogeological assessments
• A good understanding of the geo-environmental reporting and risk assessment process
• Excellent written & spoken English
• Strong analytical and numeracy skills
• The ability to work as part of a large multi-disciplinary team, as well as being willing to work remotely with a team primarily based in the UK.
• You will need to be a team player willing, with a high level of personal responsibility and adaptable and flexible approach to different project requirements.
• Demonstrable mentoring skills to help grow a team in Krakow to deliver hydrogeological and geo-environmental assessments, particularly involving geo-data assessment and modelling.
• Chartered with a relevant professional body (or working towards it)
• Experience in using numerical modelling (such as SEEP/W and/or Groundwater Vistas and/or other similar software(s)).
• Experience of UK land contamination assessment process including knowledge of relevant guideline criteria etc.
• GIS, geo-data base (e.g. HoleBase/OpenGround/ESDAT/EQUIS) and general digital skills
• Proven ability working in wider hydrogeological projects would be beneficial, including providing input to Environmental Impact Assessments, assessments for Groundwater Dependent Terrestrial Ecosystems and hydro-ecological studies
private medical care
sharing the costs of foreign language classes
sharing the costs of professional training & courses
remote work opportunities
flexible working time
corporate sports team
retirement pension plan
coffee / tea
parking space for employees
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
We have more than 1800 colleagues in Poland, supporting our business in all global regions. Our Global Delivery Center (GDC) engineers in Krakow and Warsaw office collaborate on the design and delivery of local and global projects in the fields of engineering, design and construction. Our Global Business Services (GBS) specialists provide global support and expertise in the fields of Accounting, Procurement, IT, HR and Graphic Design.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
At Jacobs, we're challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world's most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of approximately 52,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.
Visit jacobs.com and connect with Jacobs on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.