Senior IT Business Analyst
Ref no: WRO001B2
Tax Service Delivery aligns with the business to develop, implement and manage the portfolio of technology solutions across the Tax service line. The Tax Service Delivery team is responsible for managing the programs and projects within their respective portfolios. As applicable, this includes:
- Providing demand management, project management, business analysis and transition management
- Working with Enterprise and Solutions Architecture and Strategy teams to determine application roadmaps, standards and enterprise architecture fit
- Working with Application and Infrastructure Engineering teams to design, architect and build the solutions
- Providing support for incident management and problem resolution
- Managing portfolio investment levels
- Monitoring and measuring the quality of the solutions delivered
Business analyst facilitates business process improvement via the methodical investigation, analysis, review and documentation of all or part of a business in terms of business functions and processes. They manage the requirements development process through the elicitation, analysis, specification and verification of multiple levels of requirements (business, stakeholder, solution) and support the ongoing management of the requirements. Business analyst creates viable and consumable specifications including acceptance criteria in preparation for the construction and testing of IT solutions
- Degree in computer science or a related discipline
- English language skills - excellent written and verbal communication
- 7+ years in a corporate IT environment
- 5+ years as IT Business Analyst with extensive experience
- 5+ years of experience in business analysis or related technical field (application development, technical product owner, deployment/implementation and infrastructure).
- Business Analysis job with personal accountability for delivering and managing requirements to time and cost for complex projects typically up to $1.0m in value, six months + in duration, with multiple departments or business units.
- Experience in selecting and executing elicitation techniques such as Interviews, Exploratory Prototypes, Facilitated Workshops, Focus Groups, Observation, User Task Analysis, Documentation Study, and Surveys.
- Managing and negotiating with difficult and opinionated stakeholders with moderate supervision during elicitation sessions and during the development lifecycle.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills — must be able to communicate fluently in English both verbally and in writing.
- Experience with Enterprise Analysis and overall Process Re–engineering including Business Process Modelling, Capability Gap Assessment, and definition of solution approach and scope.
- Development and deployment of formal business analysis methods and tools to govern and control programs at an excellent level in accordance with firm standards.
- Management of senior stakeholders’ expectations and requirements with regular supervision.
- Proficient at executing the determined methodology.
- Works in close collaboration with other teams including engineers, development, testing, implementation and support.
- Experienced in dealing with vendors from the point of view of requirements and delivery of the solution
- Experienced in SharePoint technology, especially integration on client side, migrations and the app model design
- Experienced in training staff in how to use the system, present prototypes and mock-up and ready solutions to stakeholders