Senior IT Business Analyst
Ref. no: WRO00252
EY Global Delivery Services means 29.500 specialists providing globally IT, HR, finance, project management and strategic business services to EY member firms. In addition we deliver support and solutions to clients from all over the world
You will be part of the global IT Team in EY Global Delivery Services, called EY Technology Tax.
The EY Technology team is responsible for the end-to-end delivery of programs/projects to develop and maintain global applications and systems.
The team is geographically dispersed and comprises of all disciplines required to deliver IT solutions for our customers, including project managers, business analysts, application engineers, quality assurance & testers and implementation managers. In addition the function works closely with the Technical Lead on the project.
Business analyst facilitates business process improvement via the methodical investigation, analysis, review and documentation of all or part of a business in terms of business functions and processes. They manage the requirements development process through the elicitation, analysis, specification and verification of multiple levels of requirements (business, stakeholder, solution) and support the ongoing management of the requirements. Business analyst creates viable and consumable specifications including acceptance criteria in preparation for the construction and testing of IT solutions.Essential Functions of the Job:
- Business Process Improvement – Excellent — Analyses business processes; identifies alternative solutions, assesses feasibility, and recommends new approaches, typically seeking to exploit technology components. Evaluates the financial, cultural, technological, organizational and environmental factors which must be addressed in the change program. Establishes requirements for the implementation of significant changes in organizational mission, business functions and process, organizational roles and responsibilities, and scope or nature of service delivery.
- Business Modelling - Proficient — Produces models in support of business strategy. Has in-depth knowledge of a broad range of industry-wide modeling techniques. Advises on the choice of techniques and approach and influences customers accordingly. Capable of developing bespoke models for unusual contexts. Responsible for planning and coordinating team modeling activities and for ensuring the quality of their work.
- Business Analysis - Excellent — Takes full responsibility for business analysis within a significant segment of an organization where the advice given and decisions made will have a measurable impact on the profitability or effectiveness of the organization. Establishes the contribution that technology can make to business objectives, validating and justifying business needs, conducting feasibility studies, producing high-level and detailed business models, taking into account the implications of change on the organization and all stakeholders. Guides senior management towards accepting change brought about through process and organizational change.• Methods and Tools - Promotes and ensures use of appropriate techniques, methodologies and tools.
- Stakeholder Relationship Management - Excellent — Initiates and influences relationships with and between key stakeholders. Acts as a single point of contact for senior stakeholders and influencers. Supports effective business change by building relationships with and between senior strategists, planners, designers and operational business partners. Initiates procedures to improve relations and open communications with and between stakeholders. Initiates and has management oversight of processes to manage and monitor relationships including lessons learned and the feedback loop to and from business change teams.
- Requirements Definition and management - Mastery — Demonstrates in-depth knowledge in emerging trends and concepts related to the competency including the ability to participate in knowledge network outside EY. Serves as a subject matter resource to provide advice to teams and key client stakeholders. Consistently captures and communicates leading practices and specialist knowledge related to the competency to relevant teams and groups.
- Usability Requirements Analysis - Proficient — Advises on tools and methods to be used and clarifies and communicates the non–functional requirements of system users, their characteristics and tasks, and the technical, organizational and physical environment in which products or systems will operate.
- Business Domain Knowledge - Excellent — Very good understanding of the customer strategy, services and business processes. Expertise recognized by the customers. Ability to provide valid input to Business Case Creations and Estimates.
- Providing the project strategy to elicit and document requirements.
- Defining the procedures on how the requirements will be managed (i.e., base lining requirements, requirements change control and requirements traceability).
- Selecting the appropriate analysis and specification models and ensuring that requirements are of high quality.
- Well versed in emerging technologies and able to influence the solution decisions.
- Assessing change requests related to requirements to assess impact on the project and wider related portfolio.
- Accountability for quality of complex requirements impacting multiple business units and/or multiple user communities.
- Expected to act independently to deliver and manage requirements to schedule, budget and scope.
- Provide support as required and requested and is self-driven and motivated.
- Good level of communication skill in English is mandatory.
- Eight to ten years in a corporate IT environment.
- Five to seven years’ experience in business analysis or related technical field (application development, technical product owner, deployment/implementation and infrastructure).
- Business Analysis job with personal accountability for delivering and managing requirements to time and cost for large, complex, global projects typically more than $1m in value and six to twelve months in duration with multiple geographies or vendors.
- In-depth experience in selecting and executing elicitation techniques such as Interviews, Exploratory Prototypes, Facilitated Workshops, Focus Groups, Observation, User Task Analysis, Documentation Study and Surveys. Experience with Enterprise Analysis and overall Process Re-engineering including business process modeling, capability gap assessment, and definition of solution approach and scope.
- Development and deployment of formal business analysis methods and tools to govern and control programs at an excellent level in accordance with firm standards.
- Management of senior stakeholders’ expectations and requirements with minimal supervision.
- Acting as escalation point where issues need to be resolved.
- Provides sign off of project requirements.
- Defines methodology to be used in the context of the project and/or portfolio.
- Works in close collaboration with other teams including engineers, development, testing, implementation and support.
- Experienced in dealing with vendors from the point of view of requirements and delivery of the solution
- Coaches, mentors and supports junior team members.
- Participates in resource planning and recruitment activities. Assess ongoing project demands and manage team resource allocations; develop staffing plan; screen resumes and interview applicants; participate in campus and job fair recruiting.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Business Analysis certification a plus (CBAP — Certified Business Analyst Practitioner, CCBA — Certification of Competency in Business Analysis or British Computer Society Business Analysis Diploma).
- Familiarity with ITIL v2 or 3 would be advantageous.
What working at EY GDS offers:
In EY GDS you can count on stable employment and upgrading your career. You will meet people and gain important knowledge and insights that will stay with you throughout your professional life.