Senior IT Project Manager
Ref no: WRO001NO
EY Technology is a global organization that works with our internal clients, to provide IT support and solution to client teams, internal support functions and global projects and programs. Over the next few years, GDS Poland will increase the number of IT professionals in its center to develop and support EY’s business and internal applications. These professionals include IT project managers, business analysts, software architects, infrastructure engineers.
EY Technology team maintains and enhances EY’s IT infrastructure and works for our internal clients across the globe. You will work with EY locations, supporting our service lines and key business processes or be part a dedicated IT team handling cross-organizational initiatives and transformational projects.
Senior project manager is responsible for delivering IT projects to schedule, budget and quality. The role requires mastery of the technical knowledge of project management inter-related process stages i.e. initiate, plan, execute, monitor and control and close, and the supporting processes e.g. scope, cost, time, issue, risk, resource, communication, stakeholder management. Proficiency in related processes such as portfolio management, program management, methods and tools and quality assurance is also required. Senior project manager must have excellent stakeholder relationship management skills to successfully lead and manage the project team and project stakeholders, and have expertise recognized and requested by customers.
Your key responsibilitie
- Successfully execute the project to agreed schedule, budget and scope
- Perform the relevant project management processes - i.e. initiate, plan, execute, monitor and control and close, and the supporting processes e.g. scope, cost, time, issue, risk, resource, communication, stakeholder management
- Plan the project based on a defined need – results in detailed scope/budget/schedule baseline
- Monitor and control the work to ensure that the project remains on track and in control
- Plan for and manage change
- Reports on variances to the approved project baseline
- Close the project to formalize acceptance of the project result and release project resources
- Interface and communicate with project team, management and stakeholders
- Manage project work and resources to enable successful and timely completion of the project
- Performs gate reviews and quality assurance reviews with all aspects of IT organization and business sponsors
- Delivery of projects aligned to overall business and technology strategies and architectures
- Work within defined governance processes
- Manage external contracts and suppliers where required
- Support development of business cases with the customer team including leading on the solutions estimate
- Lead the development of the project charter and scope, and ensure delivery of the solution to schedule, budget and scope
- Develop objectives, phasing and content of the project to deliver on the business case benefits, budget and timescales
- Manage to the objectives and plan by thorough risk, issue and change management across both business and IT parts of the project
- Ensures that quality project standards are met as prescribed by IT Services through the effective implementation or use of approved processes, methodologies and deliverables
To qualify for the role you must have
- Degree at university level
- English language skills - excellent written and verbal communication
- 7+ years in a corporate IT environment
- 5+ years of experience in project management
- Other relevant experience in a related technical field (application development, deployment/implementation and infrastructure)
- Experience of managing IT projects with personal accountability for delivering to time and cost for large, complex projects typically up to $5m in value and 12 to 18 months in duration
- Mastery of project management methodology, tools and templates (includes project planning, schedule development, scope management and cost management)
- Track record of customer focus, based on openness, trust, and delivering on promises
- Extensive experience of delivery that includes the use of supplier and off-shore resources
- Experienced in managing to contract; ensuring clients and suppliers alike perform in accordance with original agreement
- Experience across packaged and bespoke systems and infrastructure, ideally on an international basis
- Management skills to manage one or more large, complex projects simultaneously
- IT background with experience across the systems development life cycle with experience in all project phases – plan, initiate, elaborate, design, build, test, implement.
- Knowledge and use of industry-standard project methods, tools and techniques e.g. RAIDS, budget, communication
- Strong team working skills across matrixed client, supplier and geographically dispersed virtual teams
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills (includes negotiation)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – must be able to communicate fluently in English both verbally and in writing
- Leader in the use of IT methodologies, processes and standards for project management
Who we look for?
We love working with people who are passionate about their job and have amazing skills in their area a think that: you’re an expert in the field with highly developed business and interpersonal skills, you’re always ready to face new professional challenges, you’re a person with a great sense of humor and you’re open to cross-border experiences; it’s a role for you.
What EY GDS offers?
- Work in prestigious, stable company
- Contact of employment
- Fair salary
- Relocation package
- Participating in interesting projects
- Work in a professional, dynamic, truly global team
- Development opportunities in international multilingual environment
- Medical cover
- Life insurance
- Sports card
- Business trips support
- Language classes
- Referral programme
- Charity initiatives
- Water, tea, coffee, sugar, milk without limit plus fresh juice twice a week and fruit once a week
- Wellness & Spa programme
- Sport Groups
- Additional bonuses
- Modern office space near market square
- Home office up to 3 days
If you feel that the role suits your personal goals and career path, please send us your current resume.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply now.