Senior Java Developer in Agile Team
Do you have the ability to stand by agile principles while delivering sustainable solutions?
We're looking for an agile developer who can:
- collaborate to refine user requirements though test-driven development (TDD)
- meet the high expectations of clients through frequent release cycles of quality software
- take ownership of your brand new as well as legacy code
You will join a Wealth Management Research delivery team. We are over 20 people in charge of IT solutions for Chief Investment Office and Investment Products & Services.
CIO & IPS are providing financial research content for internal employees, prospects, clients (retail, affluent, wealth ones known as High Net Worth and Ultra High Net Worth).
The key project we are facing is Curation Engine which will enable UBS to provide relevant content for individuals based on (but not limited to) risk profile, origin, financial situation, knowledge, personal interests.
We will utilize Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence concepts.
Here comes one of our publications: www.ubs.com/ai
Your experience and skills
- exceptional experience with Java 8 programming,
- significant experience in creating Restfull APIs using Spring Boot/MVC/Security/Integration, HttpComponents, Jackson
- strong analytical, problem-solving and synthesizing skills (you know how to figure stuff out)
- skills required to articulate ideas clearly and execute vision from concept to production
- experience in software testing concepts including unit, integration, TDD/BDD, spec by example, end to end and non-functional testing
- skill and will to obtain a buy-in from team members and internal stakeholders
Nice to have:
- familiarity with security concepts (authentication , authorization, encryption, digital signature), SSL, web service proxies, firewalls and multi-protocol gateways)
- experience in designing, building infrastructure and web services at large scale using either monolithic or micro-service approaches
- good understanding of agile practices methodologies such as Scrum & KanBan
- focus on stability, capacity, scalability, continuous integration and manageability
- practical knowledge of technologies: Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, Spring integration, AppDynamics
- hands on experience on like Hibernate, JMS, Web Technologies (HTML5, JavaSript, Bootstrap) & build tools (Ant / Maven / Gradle / Teamcity / Jenkins)
- practical working knowledge of Oracle or similar RDBMS and Unix/Linux environments
- exposure to Apache/Tomcat on UNIX/Linux environment with shell scripting
- Content Management Systems experience
- financial literacy
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
What we offer
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).