Senior Java Software Developer
- Creating solutions for thrilling gambling industry
- Involving in variety of projects ranging from innovative proof-of-concepts to be shown on world-class entertainment trade shows to large scale production system handling 3 millions transactions per day.
- Involving in project from the very beginning: starting from outlining design, implementation, testing to end on project maintenance.
- Using state-of-the art technologies: Java 8, Spring framework 4.2+ (Spring Boot, Spring Cloud), Netflix OSS, NoSQL databases, Apache Kafka.
- Taking software craftsmanship seriously: code review, static code analysis, scrum, continuous integration & deployment, clean code
- You will have autonomy when choosing technologies: you are free to pick any tool provided that it best fits the problem.
- Ecosystem based on best-of-breed tools that makes delivering your ideas a breeze: Jenkins, Docker
- Excellent Java knowledge with production experience (at least 2 years)
- Sound knowledge of Java 8, Spring Framework
- Hands-on experience with SCM (ideally Git), build tools (Maven / Gradle), continuous integration (Jenkins)
- You wouldn’t dare to push code not covered by tests (JUnit, Mockito)
- You are not afraid to solve complex problem (especially related to distributed systems) and introduce innovative ideas
- You put a lot of attention to details and clean code (knowing OOP, SOLID, Clean Code, DRY principles is a must)
- Good command of English
- Experience in any of the following: microservices, NoSQL, REST, Apache Kafka, Apache Thrift, Docker is an asset
- Familiarity with Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, Netflix OSS is an asset
- Work on unique, complex and large-scale projects
- Position fitted for your knowledge and skills
- Attractive compensation and flexible working hours
- Social package (language courses, medical insurance, life insurance, Benefit Systems card, lunches)
- Refunding trainings and conferences
- Relocation package
- Parking area for all employees
- Informal dress-code
- Work in a team of people who play football, run a marathon, play a board game or barbecue together after hours
Novomatic Technologies Poland is a company that develops modern applications and IT systems. We are part of the research and development department of NOVOMATIC Group of Companies – a major player on the global entertainment, gaming and lottery systems market. Our software is presented on renowned trade fairs and can be found on almost all continents. For almost 20 years we have been supporting and fulfilling the needs of NOVOMATIC at each stage of software development by means of various technologies. For project and programming work, we use the best agile methodologies: Scrum, Kanban, TDD and BDD. In Poland, we employ almost 300 people – developers, testers, IT administrators and graphic designers and run several dozen projects, expanding the team all the time.