private medical care
Senior Manager - International Financial Controls & Compliance
- Warszawa, Masovian
- offer expired 2 months ago
- contract of employment
- team manager
- hybrid work
The successful candidate will have public accounting and/or public company experience and familiarity with the components of effective SOX compliance programs. Experience in the biotechnology industry and/or scaling up Commercial operations would be a significant plus. The successful candidate will also have a proven ability to drive and manage change ideally in an increasing complex global business with multiple evolving financial and business processes.
We work collaboratively as a team, we boldly strive for excellence, we are constantly curious, and we are relentless in our pursuit of the balance between efficiency, effectiveness, and controls and compliance. We are committed to ongoing process improvements and to providing accurate, timely and insightful financial information to our senior management and internal stakeholders.
Here’s What You’ll Do:
On Operational Excellence:
- Develop and implement:
o Plan and execute SOX risk assessments to support internal and external SOX and global compliance process and annual audit plans
o Manage implementing financial controls framework across different countries and regions including Segregation of Duties
o Assist with creation of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) across all functions including adequate internal financial controls
o Identify and assign control owners and actively monitor and ensure timely completion of financial controls
o Create a high level of awareness on financial controls and compliance and adequately train team on financial controls
o Maintain and improve financial control KPIs dashboard and regularly report to management
- Execute & remediate:
o Support timely coordination with consultants and external auditors on SOX 404 and statutory audits and ensure SOX information is updated and easily accessible through our Audit Board audit management tool by the consultants and external audit teams.
o Implement remediation plans where required, discuss with management and follow-up on completion
o Support control owners to identify root causes of control deficiencies
o Prepare and support for internal and external audits
o Manage/perform various annual and quarterly SOX audit procedures across operations
- Continuous improvement:
o Understand business processes; review process documentation and have a good understanding of key risks and mitigating controls
o As process expert, support improvement of internal processes
o Establish a financial compliance culture
o Collaborate with digital to automate internal controls
o Improve the implementation of our central SOX compliance solution AuditBoard, to further centralize all SOX related documentation, include additional use cases and provide training to business process owners to increase ownership of SOX processes and allow management to independently monitor compliance efforts
On People and Stakeholder Management:
- Partner with the functional business areas to analyze and determine the impact to internal controls as we implement new accounting standards, new systems applications or process improvements
- Strong project and change management skills enabling cross-functional teams at different locations to deliver best possible results
- Strong collaboration with International’s Financial Controls and Compliance team and key MESH functions and services
Here’s What You’ll Bring to the Table:
- Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance or a related discipline preferred, minimum bachelor’s degree
- 9+ years with progressively increasing responsibilities in financial reporting, external auditing, internal auditing, and/or SOX related experiences
- Experience working for a Big 4 public accounting firm or consulting firm specializing in audit / assurance / SOX 404 testing
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred
- Strong knowledge of:
o Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) Section 404, and COSO Internal Controls Framework, risk assessment practices, internal controls over financial reporting
o SSAE 16/18 review requirements
o U.S. GAAP, international Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and compliance
- Experience with financial risk assessment and controls rationalization and the ability to drive key initiatives to support regulatory requirements
- Knowledge of biotechnology industry with Commercial operations a plus
- Strong analytical skills with ability to strategize solutions and solve problems
- Excellent project management skills: proactive, responsive, takes ownership and accountability, drives processes, meets timelines and critical deadlines, and adheres to budgets
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to build and cultivate strong relationships across all levels of the organization
- Strong MS Office skills required, including proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with AuditBoard, SAP, Workday, ServiceNow and Blackline a plus
- Experience with various tools used to project manage SOX 404 testing and analytical audit is a plus
- Excellent English skills, both written and verbal. Advanced skills in Polish and additional languages are a plus
- A desire to be part of a high-growth, transformational company that is Bold, Relentless, Curious, and Collaborative
What we offer
Quality healthcare and insurance benefits
Lifestyle Spending Accounts to create your own pathway to well-being
Free premium access to fitness, nutrition, and mindfulness classes
Family planning and adoption benefits
Generous paid time off, including vacation, bank holidays, volunteer days, sabbatical, and a discretionary year-end shutdown
Savings and investments
Location-specific perks and extras!
employee referral program
generous computer glasses and contact lens reimbursement
1 month paid sabbatical after 5 years
Come help Moderna scale! This is an exciting new role and opportunity to be a key member of the International Finance team supporting a dynamic and high growth organization that is radically changing the biotechnology industry.
Reporting to the
Associate Director, International Financial Controls & Compliance, the role of a Senior Manager International Financial Controls & Compliance,
does play a key role in the implementation of Moderna International’s Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance program and its control framework. In collaboration and as part of the wider Global Financial Controls team, this role will partner closely with Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Commercial, Accounting, FP&A, Digital, Legal, and HR to help ensure that the company remains in compliance with its SOX regulations and that Business Process and Digital internal controls are designed and operating effectively.
Welcome to Moderna. We believe mRNA is the “software of life."
Every cell in the body uses mRNA to provide real-time instructions to make the proteins necessary to drive all aspects of biology, including in human health and disease.
Given its essential role, we believe mRNA could be used to create a new category of medicines with significant potential to improve the lives of patients.
We are pioneering a new class of medicines made of messenger RNA, or mRNA. The potential implications of using mRNA as a drug are significant and far-reaching and could meaningfully improve how medicines are discovered, developed and manufactured.
Since our founding in 2010, we have worked to build the industry's leading mRNA technology platform, the infrastructure to accelerate drug discovery and early development, a rapidly expanding pipeline, and a world-class team. Our pipeline includes development candidates for mRNA-based vaccines and therapies spanning several therapeutic areas, and we have multiple clinical trials underway with other development candidates progressing toward the clinic. In addition, we have numerous discovery programs advancing toward development.