HSBC Service Delivery (Polska) Sp. z o.o. is a part of HSBC Holdings plc, the parent company of the HSBC Group, headquartered in London. The Group serves customers worldwide from over 6,300 offices in over 75 countries and territories in Europe, Asia, North and Latin America, and the Middle East and North Africa. HSBC is one of the world’s largest banking and financial services organizations. Currently, we are looking for a candidate for the position of:
Senior Market Data Engineer
Ref No: HTK/GBMIT/SMDE/02/2018
It enables the local, intra-regional and global distribution of this data and includes the capability to export our data to external consumers. In addition the team manages connectivity to external services used for multiple business functions such as Trading, Regulatory Reporting.
With a strong understanding of all aspects of market data products and delivery systems, content, and technology utilized in the financial industry and will have regular interaction with Senior Management in both IT and the business areas, Wall Street peers and vendor realms.
- Demonstrate strong understanding in real-time delivery technology; including high frequency and low latency, and infrastructure, with emphasis on TIBCO, Reuters, Bloomberg, EBS, Cantor E-Speed and Brokertec in order to provide support for systems to the industry standard for 6000+ trading positions and applications, globally.
- Ensure effective support of more than 1500 exteernal connections across multiple network and connectivity vendors. Interact with clients and other large financial firms to install, troubleshoot, and maintain all external connections with a strong understanding of security and regulatory requirements.
- Strong understanding and support of middleware messaging with an emphasis on Solace, 29West and TIBCO RV technologies for both Real time distribution of data and inter-applications messaging
- Strong understanding and support of Low Latency data delivery requirements and infrastructures.
- Strong understanding of network, firewall and proxy infrastructure
- Provide solutions to address business data requirements and distribution needs
- Assist in development and use of APIs to accommodate application data and distribution requirements
- Evaluate, design, implement and support technologies to support the ingress, distribution, consumption and egress of data to support the HSBC businesses
- Enable the business strategy by delivering consistent, agile, flexible and cost effective services through a common global operating model.
- Accountable to the Global management team and through them the business stakeholders
- Design, implement and support fully robust, redundant solutions to deliver data, external services and distribution/trading systems to the business
- Continually evaluate existing process and procedures, challenge inconsistences and deficiencies identify and implement efficiencies and enhancements
- Implement and evaluate systems to ensure proper authorization procedures are in place to control access to data and protect HSBC reputation from the implications of contractual noncompliance.
- Available to provide out of hours support, responding quickly and effectively to incident notifications.
- Work flexibly within the team, sometimes outside normal business hours to deliver operational support or project activities.
- Assimilating business requirements and drivers and interacting with various IT Applications teams to design, implement and support robust, highly reliable solutions.
- Maintaining expertise in technology, market, data services and business
- Working effectively in a highly stressful, extremely volatile and aggressive environment whilst maintaining a calm, forward looking open and supportive character.
- Operating globally in an organization where this approach is immature necessitating the need to be agile and flexible enough to adapt to multiple processes and cultures.
- Delivery of business critical services 24*7 (the team is held to a 2 minute SLA)
- 5-7 years experience in supporting market data environment, working in a global function/organization is preferred
- Is a subject matter expert on Market Data Distribution technologys including
- Thomson Reuters Enterprise Platform - TREP (AKA reuters Market Data System)
- Thomson Reuters Data Access Control System – DACS
- Real time middleware technologies - Solace, 29West and TIBCO
- Can demonstrate a strong conceptual understanding of the challenges of market data distribution and external service delivery and the practical skills required to implement and support solutions to these. Including
- Low latency/High frequency trading
- High throuput and global distribution
- Authorisation, and commercial compliance
- Internetworking with TCP/IP.
- External network intergration (Network architecture, Firewall and proxy tequniques, address space intergration, capacity managment)
- Operating system fundermentals – Linux, Unix and Windows
- Information security risks, Information Classification, Risk and Control
- Broad experience of multiple external services including links to exchanges, third party service providers and direct client connections. Examples CME, LIFFE, Euronext, LSE, TradeWeb, Deutche Boerse, BT, TNS
- Knowledge of Broker services and desktop delivery
- System management / instrumentation – NetScout PM , ITRS Geneos, Python, Splunk, PERL and/or Shell scripting
- Excellent communication skills, good tact and diplomacy are mandatory, as the role requires constant communication with other individuals, management levels and teams within the HSBC Group.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent time management and prioritisation of work tasks
- Linux and/or Solaris administration skills
- Market Data API’s (RFA), Basic Java and/or C++
- Application development or support experience
- Interesting path of career in an international organization,
- Challenging job in young, dynamic team,
- Competitive and motivational salary, private health care, employees’ benefits,
- Courses & training for our employee.